CTDs worse for me after Hotfix 1.18.15.0

This is a world wide problem. Many of user cannot use Flightsim 2020 anymore. Complete out of order after that very update. Microsoft works on it since two weeks. Waiting for an update I presume.

1 Like

Same thing here. Never had any issues until this latest update; 1.18.15.0.
I can start the game, it loads to main screen, but if I linger too long on the World Map while zoomed in- CTD.
If I quickly select fly now, I can start flying but it only lasts 3-10 minutes before CTD.
SO disappointing. Hoping this fix happens soon!

3 Likes

Hi I found turning vsync on stopped the crashes or at least I can fly now

You mean in the Sim ( I have it on) or in NV control panel?

Hi guys,

After several CTDā€™s, yesterday evening i finally had 2 perfect, complete flights. All i did before was setting the Global rendering in the MSFS-Settings first to Low, apply&save, then reset to mid, apply& save. Further i checked and realised that i had 4 addons where an update was possible (for example the Japan world update & one of the Airports a downloaded a while ago), even though MSFS showed no available updates when searching for them when you start the game. Just go to your Profile inGame, and check if you have any addons or 3rd party stuff that shows a possible update and update all.

Dunno if this is helpful or not. It helped me :wink:

I have not been able to use the sim after the last update. I get a CTD just after the sim checks for updates and can get no further. I have nothing in the community folder.

5 Likes

In b4 the ā€œitā€™s your faultā€ crewā€¦

1 Like

Just successfully completed a 2.5 hour flight in the modded CJ4 from YMLT to NZQN at 45-60fps. So clearly I can do some flights on my rig perfectly well. Does this mean itā€™s the sim - SU5 bugs, maybe only in certain geographic regions that is the issue? Shame no news from Asobobo on this topic.

Perhaps we shall see next weekā€¦

After not being able to load into some S American airports, I took most of the stuff out of the Community folder and uninstalled the S American add on airports in Marketplace, and well ā€¦ it works. So Marketplace airports seem to be the culprit (SAWC, SECL etc). Still experimenting.
This does not solve the blurry error loading scenery in the area around LOWI and others though.

I was on final, ILS approach at Portlandā€™s KPWM under very bad weather and got a CTD. Before SU5 I very rarely had CTDs, almost never. With SU5 and its two subsequent patches Iā€™m getting CTDs about 1 out of every 3 flights. Mostly when taxiing or on approach.

Ready to put this sim aside for a while, again.

3 Likes

TrackIR apps and Nvidia GeForce Experience contribute to the sim CTD if you have emā€™ā€¦ My PC now only runs on basic stuff.

Asobo might want to check this too before they roll out the next huge update SU6.

1 Like

Same here. Never had an issue before.

I am getting tired of this.

They promised us a solution on with the hotfix, it didnā€™t work.

Then it was 24th August. Now it is 7th September, with no guarantee that the issue will be fixed.

I have spent over a Ā£1000 on this rubbish which simply does not work.

The support from Asobo is dreadful, just a copy and paste explaining that you have to uninstall every other piece of software on your PC in order to get pile of excrement to work (after which it still CTD)

I feel I have been totally ripped off by Asobo and Microsoft.

6 Likes

Before the last update, bad performance with RTX3090, now good, BUT and unfortunately, since this update, I have Crash to the desktop ā€¦ Iā€™m so tired ā€¦

I can confirm that removing Nvidia overlay has stabilised the sim somewhatā€¦still testing on that though as it was only quite recently I realised it was on. TrackIR has, in the past, gave me some grief but it had been stable up until SU5, might be worth disabling that too and keep testing. Thank you. This is the first solid, non-mystical ā€œdisassemble all your components into their basic blocks under the old oak tree as the wolf howls at the full moon and you chew on the ears of 6 witchesā€, sensible contribution Iā€™ve seen from a member of the forums since the release of SU5, thank you for real.

1 Like

about the TrackIR, thereā€™s a post in their official forum.

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=19266#p70956

You need to ā€œuntickā€ the one feature called ā€œAutomatically Minimize On TrackIR Enhanced Title Launchā€. However the best way is just to close it.

I only enable it back when I play DCS.

As for the Nvidia GeForce Experience. I completely uninstall it. Meaning I use DDU, remove the driver and GeForce Experience. When install back the gpu driver, I tick only to install the gpu driver and do a clean install.

Now no more CTD. I was having some fun flying in Bora Bora :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interesting!
What is DDU?
So then how would you update Nvidia drivers!
ThxšŸ‘

Its a display driver uninstaller. Go here:
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3711

Nvidia just go to nvidia driver download page and search for your GPU:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

1 Like

Excellent! Iā€™ll try it.
Thanks Camo!:+1:

I can not agreeā€¦

But be awareā€¦