CTDs worse for me after Hotfix 1.18.15.0

People still install Geforce Experience, even after it’s countless threads online of issues and problems it causes from day 1!!! I’ve never had it installed after having it when it originally released, and caused me non stop problems.

which one in relation to MSFS ? … I have TrackIR and GeForce Running ( because I like Shadowplay ) and I have zero, absolut zero, CTD. The user should only aware to disable “game auto optimze”.

I’ve had Game Optimize Off since day one, and I’m still getting so many ctd’s it’s literally unplayable. I’m going to try ditching GForce Experience just to see if it’s a workaround for these ctd’s. Got nothing to lose (until September update hopefully).

I’d just like to add that although I had a stable flight this afternoon EGGW-LPPT (no AI or Online traffic), once I tried doing the reverse sector tonight I started getting freezes and CTDs. Nvidia overlay disabled, TrackIR both on and off…same result still. I can only conclude that it is random and sporadic and it’s best left alone until it’s fixed.

1 Like

Guys, one more thing. I notice that when I’m trying to isolate this CTD issues. I only use propeller aircraft.

So just now, when I switch over to commercial aircraft. A320, B787 and B747 (the standard aircraft came with Premium) the crashing came back. 5 times now but every crash seems to progress me further into the game. After switching, I plot a course, click fly now and crash. Second time, plot course, click fly, on terminal, start APU, setting MCDU and crash. 3rd time, do all of the above, taxi to runaway and crash. 4th time, do all of the above takeoff, press autopillot and crash. 5th time, do all the above, disable autopilot take control do a bit of a manual manuevre and crash. Is there something in the background that blocking MSFS2020 from working correctly?

I won’t go to Zendesk cause they will give me the standard troubleshooting template. LOL

Hope if someone experienceing similar like this after disable/remove all the overclock app, overlay but still experiencing the same issue and know a workaround do tell. Right now I’m switching back to propeller aircraft and no CTD.

Thanks guys.

1 Like

Again, they’ve got us hopping around, with us thinking it’s us, not them! Something we have done or didn’t do. Reinstalling everything and wasting so many valuable hours.
After one year, this is totally unreasonable for the price we paid. This game (Deluxe) was expensive. And the custom PC wasn’t cheap either. And all my costly peripherals. And I’ve ordered the very expensive Yaw2 smart simulator chair!
Did I throw out over $7,000 because this game had boasted such amazing trailers and promos prior to release? Was I fished-in. Duped? A sucker? Cause with my empty bank account and no real fixes on the horizon (we’ve seen how they fixed things before), I’m sitting here on a Saturday morning with a giant pile of unusable garbage! :cry:

2 Likes

I’ve got Premium Deluxe and I wasn’t even allowed to use the content it came with for the most part and asked to be understanding…MSFS is, together with Cyberpunk 2077, the gaming scam of 2020. And I fell for both traps.

1 Like

If it CTDs after their next update, I’m uninstalling. I’m just plain worn out. I’m a big fan, or would have been, if the darn thing just worked! Every other game or sim runs perfectly on my gear … this one is a total train wreck after almost every update. I can’t even invest in aircraft or other content because as each update comes along, I may not be able to even use the sim. Currently, I can’t even get past “Checking for updates” without a CTD.

1 Like

The power of marketing, there’s a good reason it’s one of the most well paying jobs in the gaming industry.

2 Likes

My CTD is gone after reformatting to NTFS on my external ssd. The original format was exFat. Transferred all files to a folder on the desktop then reformatted to NTFS an copied the files back over and boom no more CTD

The majority of people are getting CTDs on NTFS file systems - this solution is not confirmed. Please be careful recommending full formats and file system swaps, some people might destroy their systems like that.

This was on an external drive not the main drive so I see no issue with what I recommended and it absolutely solved my CTD issue

Also this is working for everyone having the same CTD I was having when clicking fly now… so yes this is a confirmed solution. If you run the game off an external ssd make sure it is not formatted in exFat and it must be NTFS. This will not harm your computer in any way regardless of what you think.

So I tried again on the weekend, and one click of the parking brake sent it CTD!
Haven’t been able to fly since SU5.
I don’t get how I’m seeing YouTube videos and reading of smooth flying without issues! Are they somehow lying just to maintain viewers and advertising revenues?? Same specs as me, but they’re showing beautiful performance.
I just don’t get it.

(i7-10700, RTX3080, 32G, Q2-AirLink)

there are a lot of youtubers which get zero money and have ads disabled, they just do it for fun.

As you can see in forum, there are lots of possible reasons for crash or different performance. From you rsystem configuration, installed mods , different internet speed, and may be a system without installed drivers for a VR device ( as we have these often under suspection to be one of the reason ).

in which airplane ?

1 Like

Since SU5 and the hotfixes, I’ve had a ton of CTDs. Looks like it’s always exception code 0xc0000005 in clr.dll. Before SU5, my only CTDs were when I turned a Reverb G2 remote on or took a picture with the remote.
Occasionally I’m able to get a full flight in, but most of the time time its during or soon after take off. I’ve tried various settings and environment changes, but nothing helps. The only common theme has been location. This morning, I had multiple CTDs trying to fly out of Baton Rouge. But then I changed to somewhere in Europe and was able to fly for a couple of hours before CTD. Yesterday I flew from Colorado to the Kansas City when I got a CTD near Kansas City. I had recently saved the flight, so I loaded it multiple times and every time CTD again near Kansas City.
(For those wanting to point a finger at my rolling or manual cache: both are turned off.)

Thanks!:+1:
The C152, but it seems random as to where and when the CTD’s will occur :weary:

the “normal” C152 :flushed:

hmmm… I use often the 172SH , with these airplane I had never a issue ( beside of these AP stuff :wink: ) , but I’am possible not a comparable-user related to CTD, I have no one. I thought the C151/172 are the more robust airplanes in the game. May be the reason is some what different and therefore these randomness. I would assume best is to check the windows event log. In case you found only these 000005 with no additional info ( no *.dll ), I fear it’s better to wait for next update or try the usually things like network-stuff-settings, reset controller settings, parallel application, etc. There are of course issues on user side possible ( checking the own system for possible known pittfalls is of course allways a good idea ) , but with Su5 comes a lot of these 000005 reports, in special for users which had former no issues. In case you see a different error number, or the ctd is not new with Su5, we have a may be a chance :slight_smile:

But I realy seen lot of posts in combination with VR since a while (older than Su5 too)… may be it’s a wrong impression I have, but some reports points to somewhat with VR drivers / software / background stuff ( e.g. I remember a steam-vr tool which was startet with the app ) / game impl / old HAGS issues /…

1 Like

I was having CTD every flight recently, until I saw that Vertical sync was on in Nv control panel.
I turned it off and suddenly no more CTDs to my surprise…

1 Like

the game freezes when I return to the main screen, there is also a shift in the textures on the ground with oneself the buildings in the ground and also no trees which appear while flying at low altitude, the bing textures which do not appear. no longer load at all in the simulator while I have not touched anything in my settings, the atc which works when it wants in short, I reinstalled my operating system and msfs2020 but still the same thing, I don’t even dare to do a flight anymore since it freezes and I have to end the simulation with the task manager