Current issue with live weather and associated ctd (and possibly black screen on xbox)

Yep… totally the same.

I’ve got an xbx series s, which isn’t exactly the powerhouse of the series family and also never experienced such frame drop issues. Since the gpu is also amd you might be right on this.

Okay interesting. Thanks. This one could be unrelated to the weather then.

You can go around this using LVARs and external tools for assigning keys/buttons like Axis and Ohs. But in general you are right, no reason to not have this directly in the sim.
But let’s not hijack the thread.

Not sure 100% but my weather seems to be starting to load now. Spawned into a few places in USA at the ramps and seems to be updating a bit. Even got some rain a moment ago in Virginia.

I’ve seen someone else mention that this could be something as daft as the sim not recognizing that it’s now next year, so it’s trying to grab data from 2021 then seeing that you’re asking for 2022 data and going “oh, ■■■■…ok boys, take all this stuff back come on move it, you wanna go home tonight or not?”, but I don’t know.

My live weather is working right now, I’m not in the beta in case it makes difference.

So we have to wait a whole year?

Can confirm. Something is going on with the servers. Live weather is back at EGLC. I am on the beta.

I’m very confident about this being the exact problem. Since it appeared on new years eve. Whereas I never had this issue before at any point. I was also thinking “Well that’s what this year 2k bug was supposed to feel like” :rofl:

Can confirm live weather is back

Well, if you all can do some test flights and report the results, I can hopefully enjoy a nice flight this evening when the kids leave the game PC to me :rofl:

For sure, hopefully the CTD is fixed too. Had one on short final into KDFW yesterday. Hurt my soul too since it was my first somewhat successful Vatsim full flight.

That’s a bummer! Vatsim is soo cool! But a ctd is such bummer on such immersive flights.

Did a quick spawn at EHHV airport and live weather seems to be back. Checked the altimeter with actual METAR and these where correct as well.

“A server side fix has been deployed – You should now be able to experience MSFS using the Live Weather feature.” banner now.

1 Like

A server side fix has been applied:

Hopefully this addresses the issues that this thread was designed to mitigate.

2 Likes

Great new – Weather is back – Thank to all who made this happen. :+1:

While I have no right to ask, or to expect an answer, I will ask in case I do.

• Was it a FIX of a Bug, with the hope it should not happen again, at least for that same reason ?

or

• Was it just a restart because it crashed, and it could happen again at any time. ?

Would be nice to know as a user, what to expect, going forward.

6 Likes

We’ll have a better idea at 6pm EST when we see if the officially unacknowledged 6-7:12pm EST daily downtime happens again like it’s been doing since SU7.

1 Like