Current issue with live weather and associated ctd (and possibly black screen on xbox)

But also, this latest multi-day downtime seemed to have been caused by the new year, so on that particular bug we should be good for a while.

Would be good to know why there are so many online issues in general (say ATC dropping so often) too. Do you need a restart of FS to see this live weather fix. Metar is saying overcast, looking out my window says overcast/broken yet itā€™s wall to wall clear skies at my departure airport. :roll_eyes:

If youā€™re getting anything aside from 2992 and 10.80nm visibility, youā€™re getting some sort of weather info. Might need to restart the sim.

1 Like

I left the sim running while I was away and itā€™s all clouded up now. Must have taken a while to filter through. Looks a lot more real now.

I use a browser when I fly and when I open up a a page I still get noise interferenceā€¦

Shame itā€™s still broken.

This is not being widely reported. Maybe some specifics of your situation would help.

Clouds too low, not correct cloud types, clouds too dark/yellow, not correct cloud coverage.

1 Like

Youā€™re in the wrong thread.

After about 1 hour, the weather was loaded again.

I have the same problem.
After 2 hours of flying all the screens will be black (off) and the fps starts to drop and then the game crashes. So for me the server update did not fix it.

ā€˜Current issue with live weatherā€™

It is a current issue that live weather still doesnā€™t work properly.

There will be far too many posts saying yes live weather is fixed. No, it isnā€™t fixed. Some weather is being injected into the sim, yes, but it is still incorrect according to all the sources from which it is supposed be derived.

We should not pretend that everyone is happy now ā€˜live weather is backā€™, because it does not work.

2 Likes

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/weather-system-broken-again-cumulus-clouds-only-no-diversity-overcast-inexistent/479979/818

^^ this is the thread youā€™re looking for. The one youā€™ve been posting in is specific to the NYE weather outage and related CTD issues.

Absolutely no holiday in France at this time, just a simple week end like every week Iā€™m French so Iā€™m pretty sure what Iā€™m saying

1 Like

You are correct.

https://publicholidays.fr/2022-dates/

However it is now past 7PM in France and if the sim is still broken then, well they either arenā€™t capable of a quick fix or simply donā€™t care. Either way itā€™s a pity.

Looks that WX is alive and back.

The fix is a little bit lateā€¦ but itā€™s better than never. Thanks MS/Asobo!

1 Like

Yes, but live weather still causes CTDs. Frustrating.

2 Likes

Yeah, something definitely is messed up with live weather implementation that causes CTDs. UNSAT.

There wasnt really a fix. Yes its working but causing CTDs just as before.

1 Like