Custom Camera Views & The Landing View

I mostly fly using the Custom Camera Views that I’ve setup. I also occasionally use the Instrument Views (ctrl-n).

One thing I find extremely annoying with the Custom views is that selecting one repeatedly toggles back and forth between the view I setup and what I believe to be the Landing view.
Anyone know of a way to stop it from doing that?

Also, the Instrument views do it as well; with one caveat: they only do it for ctrl 1-5 the rest to not toggle (6-0).

Hello
I don’t know if this is what it refers to.
But I’m going to try to help you.
Once inside the cabin.
F=Captain seat (Adjust to your taste and save.My case ctrl+alt+1 to save and alt+1 to go)
End = Exterior view (Once we click End and we are outside and we click Insert we will put the drone view)
Insert = Drone view (Once in drone view, if we press End again we will go to default views and we will change with A and if we press Insert we return to the cockpit directly and if we press Insert again we return to the last camera that was left for the last time)
If we stay in the drone view…
W= forward
S= back
D= right
A= left
R= up
F= down
Numeric keyboard
8= upload view
2= ​​lower view
7= left bank
9= right bank
4= left view
6= right view
1= left bank
3= right bank
5= we return to the aircraft and the drone view will focus (reset the drone view)

This is the part that may interest you most in relation to your question. (Maybe I understood something wrong)

Thanks for your willingness to help. Maybe I should have explained a little more.

The issue is in cockpit view, that is inside the cockpit. To setup custom views, I position the camera at the perspective I want to view, e.g. looking at the trim wheel, or close up of the instrument panel. I then hit ctrl-alt-n, where n is a number between 1-9. The sim then remembers that view forever.

Then anytime I want to go to that view, I just hit alt-n. This works fine. The problem is if I hit alt-n twice, it will go to that view and then toggle to the “Landing View”. The “Landing View” is defined within the sim, you can get there by hitting F11. Its not something I defined.

The annoyance is that I sometimes accidentally hit alt-n twice in a row, as my old brain doesn’t always remember which alt-n I programmed for which view.

I vaguely remember reading someplace someone commenting (I think it was from Asobo?) and extolling the virtue of this “feature”. But I find it annoying.

But thanks for trying to help.

It’s not just returning to the previous view, the second time you Alt+n it goes to an intermediate camera position. Quick fix is to hit Alt+n a third time.

1 Like

Whichever alt-n I hit (I have all 9 programmed) it toggles to the same view, which is the same view as hitting F11. So I’m pretty sure it goes to what Asobo calls the “Landing View”.

I do just hit it a third time, but that’s the annoyance. I was hoping one of the many confusing camera settings would change that mode. And that someone here knows what that setting is.

But when I start messing with all those settings, I end up causing other things that I don’t understand and don’t like.

The only thing I can think of is to delete and save again.
Go to this path and save that cameras.cfg somewhere else just in case and configure and save new views to see if that fixes it.

C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes

Ok, I’ll give that a shot. But I have programmed views of several air planes and they all behave the same.

Unless someone else chimes in with direct knowledge, I think it may just be something I have to live with.

It is interesting to note, though, that the “Instrument Views”, accessed by ctl-n and are set by the sim and not changeable, behave the same for only half of available screens. Bug or intentional? I have no clue.

But thanks for the attempts to help.

1 Like

I have custom cockpit camera setups for a number of aircraft and what you describe is the “normal” sim behaviour. You can try but I do not think re-doing the setups wil change this.

To eliminate the hassle of having to press two keys for a specific camera (Alt-num) I assigned my custom views to different numpad keys. While this does not fix the underlying problem, this at least made selecting a specific view much quicker.

I also recently got a Thrustmaster throttle. I assigned the cockpit camera views to the throttle’s two hat switches so now it is quicker still.

For now I believe we will just have to live with this behaviour until it gets fixed in the sim.

Thanks, I kinda thought it was normal behaviour, but I was hoping there also a “normal” option to turn it off.

I do have a hat switch on my yoke programmed for the alt-n views. Which is actually where the problem lies, I tend to “miss” when trying to select a view and I then end up hunting for a second or two with dizzying effects on the screen.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I guess I’ll just learn to live with it.

Moved to #user-support-hub:ui-activities-author seeking user-to-user support.

Hi there, how to setup the pinky key joystick bottom to free mode camera like we do inside cockpit, I would like to have it set instead of using the mouse to do that , but I do not know how to, thank you

Hello.
I do not understand very well the question.
Do you want to assign a button on your controller to go directly outside with the drone view?
Show more details and I will try to help you.
(Forgive me for not understanding the question properly. The translator I have does not help me much)

What joystick make & model are you using?

Here is a thing, I would like to setup camera viewing like walking inside the plane and all of that, but the only way I’m using is the default views , I can move freely in the cockpit using the top circular bottom from the joystick, and I would like to have it the same way when I’m outside the cockpit, I can do it with the mouse but not with the joystick, you follow?

sorry to jump on this post, but how the heck do i create my own topic!?

there is no option to post anywhere??

im trying to use replay mode, ive tried enabling in dev mode, gone to experimental and enabled there, in game it shows up enabled in list when i goto options for custom menu bar, but not in the actual custom bar?

Hi tizdaz,
Welcome to the forums! :slightly_smiling_face:
You can’t post at the moment as you just joined! Click on this thread that explains:

There’s also lot’s of useful information at this link to help get you started:
Latest Official Microsoft Flight Simulator/Forum Navigation topics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

To enable Replay Mode, from the Welcome Page, choose Options | General Options | Experimental | Replay Tool: ON
{There is no need to turn Developer Mode on in the Developers Tab}

Then, once you have started a flight, you can enable Replay from the widget settings:

Hope this helps!

hi, thanks for reply.

Strange way of doing things? I’m new to MSFS and have many questions, but cant post anything due to the above!?

So how is a new person to the sim able to ask questions for help!?

You have already advanced to TL1 which removes most restrictions.

1 Like