Danger of addiction with MSFS 2020?

Yes! There is a great danger of addiction for people who want to learn to fly with MSFS 2020! This dangerous addiction, ends with flying with a real airplane and becoming a real pilot! Mostly my flight students were the people who started with Microsoft flight simulator (different versions)! :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Iā€™m already addicted to MSFS. I fly everyday at least 2 flights. Iā€™m flying airline routes using FBW A320 :smiley:

12 Likes

Indeed. I have already been notified by my better half that I spend too much time with this ā€œgameā€ā€¦

14 Likes

Proud addict here!

4 Likes

Yep, addicted, although would rather use the word passion. Been on Sim and Forum every day since very 1st Alpha day! My wife comments: ā€œif the shoe was on the other foot!ā€, ie if she had a passion would I be so tolerant? I would hope so! Cheers.

1 Like

One thing that Iā€™m very interested in knowing more about:
Whether someone from MSFS Forum Friends is interested in flying with MSFS, flying with a real plane (as a pilot, of course! :slight_smile: ) If a man is his wife, and if a woman is, her husband disagrees, or even a real one is afraid of flying, or does not have enough money and etc?

5 Likes

11 Likes

FS4 got me in when I was 11. Now Iā€™m an A320 captain, but still here too!

9 Likes

funny! :rofl: :joy: :joy: :rofl:

Nice to see you Captain! What do you think about A320 in MSFS (for example flying with fbw a320 nx)?

Iā€™m pretty ā€œaddictedā€ to this simulator, but Iā€™d prefer ā€œpassionateā€ or ā€œinterested inā€.

1 Like

Well I didnā€˜t make it into a commercial cockpit, never intended to, but FS95 was the end of my free life too. Highly addicted to aviation and at the age of hardly 15 I went for the real planesā€¦ since then my wallet has really been f*cked :rofl:

2 Likes

It gets expensive, reeeeeally expensive, and itā€™s not an overly good industry to be in. But I couldnā€™t see myself doing anything else.

Havenā€™t flown a day since 8 October. MLB Postseason, ya know?

Now that baseball is over for the year I may ā€œbackslideā€ into MSFS again, but then again, I may join MSFS Anonymous. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m so lucky that I donā€™t have enough money for the PPL.

But warning ! Addiction cause frustration, as you can see it in a lot of other threads :joy:

1 Like

There appears to be sub FS addictions. The sim, the platform, maybe a particular aircraft in the sim, another is these forums, hard core addicts do lines of all of these simultaneously. My name is ---- I have a 4 virtual flights a day in the A320NX and constant forum reload problem. I now have a new PC on order. Help meā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

Hi Bragā€¦ Hiā€¦. Helloā€¦ Welcomeā€¦ Sit down please! Would you like to have a coffee? :joy:

2 Likes

@Asobo / Microsoft: Great marketing opportunity here: try to get a deal with actual airline companies such that we get ā€œmilesā€ (ā€œbonus pointsā€) when flying in FS 2020.

Like this we could turn those ā€œmilesā€ into real flights with our ā€œbetter halfā€ - then there is no better excuse than to fly with FS 2020 :slight_smile:

As a compensation for the actual airline companies you could provide them with statistical data, as in ā€œ50ā€™000 FS 2020 pilots are currently flying with EmojiAir from A to Bā€ which they could then display in their in-flight entertainment system or so, hehe.

Win-win for everyone.

1 Like