Darkstar and F18 uncontrollable in "open world map" flights

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

F18 AND Darkstar uncontrollable during the normal “open world” flights… but in the designated Top Gun missions it is perfectly fine… Darkstar starts bouncing when I start to Taxi… no control over it… and F18 doesn’t have any steering…

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Startups etc work perfectly normal, but as soon as i want to move the aircraft, it is uncontrollable

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
HP Gaming Laptop with Thrustmaster Hotas4

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

You have to engage the NWS on the F/A 18 now, or else it wont steer. As for the other problem its working here, so I dont even know where to begin to help you with that one, but yes you have to turn on NWS to steer the f18 now, if you bind it to a key remember not to touch that key with other planes or you will loose steering on that flight with them.

Sorry couldnt be more help.

1 Like

yes

with me only the darkstar cant lift off, every time i try to take off he starts to bug and one wing starts going up and my front wheel just don get out of the ground (i play on xbox one clound)

N/A

2 Likes

I agree with the lack of control. I find the steering is very slow to respond and has heavy overshoot. This is for all axis.

2 Likes

Release the parking brake.

Be sure you’ve set up a key for Nose Wheel Steering. Use search for further info.

Be sure you’ve set up a key engage afterburner. Search that too.

i think it can help for devs for reproduce or found some. but newport mission have same bug. but in open world all right

i release, theres a point of start i think is space nail the name in open world that you already start flying and whem i start with the darkstar he starts to glicht and says i broke the plane because the G force

I figured it out guys… Just switched the flight mode to MODERN… all good now… and F18, had to bind a key for the nosewheel

1 Like

Switch your flight mode to “Modern”… not Legacy

1 Like

In french language, set up NSW in OPTIONS DE COMMANDE / DIVERS et REGL LIMITE TRAIN AVANT…

Si ça peut aider !!..

1 Like

Confirmed. I switched my flight model from Modern to Legacy and the plane went insane.

Use the Modern flight model.

strong textthe same error with darkstar in open map helpppp

problem with darkstar only in open world incotrolable imposble takeoff and fly

1 Like

I have the same error.

F-18 super hornet doesn’t have any steering and uncontrollable.

My PC:

AMD Ryzen 5900x
48Gb RAM
Gigabyte 3080 OC
SSD + SSD nvme with flight simulator installed +1Tb HDD seagate by storage

Flight simulator use in VR HP Reverb G2 on WMR

F-18 steering is turned Off by default and you need to turn it on manually. Easiest way to do it is go into cockpit view and activate nosewheel steering with the red button on the left side of the control stick.

1 Like

I’ve flown a flight from KBOS to EINN, and twice to EGLL. Live Weather. My climb profiles are getting better each time regarding efficiency and the aircraft is completely flyable and a lot of fun. Taxiing is possible as well with full steering.

Lately, I’m maneuvering close to the ground at 210kts, using about 280 in the climb until I hit FL350. Ignite the ABs then do a slow push into to M1.05 before I begin to resume my climb. Scramjets on then at the right time. It’s all manual flying, but you can hop an ocean in 40 minutes.

thaaaaanks finaly it flight away, i was already stressing out, thanks so much

1 Like

Same issue the darkstar works perfectly in the maverick challenes however in open world it is uncontrollable and crashes during takeoff

Yes

Problem only in Open World. Strong Vibrations during takeoff, but the jet can’t push nose up and crashes. Same problem with Reno Air Race P51 in Open World