Darkstar and F18 uncontrollable in "open world map" flights

Thank you. That worked for the Darkstar

:+1: Happy flying!

If you’ve solved your issue then I recommend you mark a corresponding post as a solution, as this is not a bug, thanks.

How do you fix it on Xbox?

I would not have a clue, sorry
 but try your setting in the main menu and look for flight mode
 Should be the same on all platforms, i believe

I would find it odd if Xbox would even expose that setting. As far as I’m aware it’s only useful for legacy addon planes. I could be wrong.

Why is the legacy option even still available? I honestly think this should be removed. I don’t know of a single plane that is designed to use it.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

As noted earlier in this thread, the solution to this issue is to change the flight model to “Modern” (instead of “Legacy”) from the options menu.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

in a normal world and I fly the dark star I can’t control the aircraft. It like to roll right straight after take off. You can’t control the dark star

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

N/A

How do you do that?

Change this setting in Options → General Options → Flight Model to “Modern”.

F18 cant turn

rudder works but front wheel don’t turn in world map flight.

yes, same experience with f-18 super hornet
 front wheel can not turn in world map but in one tutorial on maverick it worked to line up. everything works expect the front wheel you can’t turn to and off runway to taxi.

See this post. You need to enable Nose Wheel Steering.

1 Like

Just remember not to press those newly bound buttons in any other plane or you will lose your steering completely in them. It would of been nice if they had made NWS global, or at least made it so it would have NO effect on the other planes

Yes

I am experiencing this as well. F-18, using thrustmaster for Xbox joystick, Xbox Series S, twisting the stick won’t allow me to steer on taxi as it did before. Also, the Darkstar will not take off from the runway as described above. It bounces around and never gets airborne. Setting departure as in the air, the aircraft goes into a bank and crashes to earth.

N/A

You have to bind a button so that you can engage the NWS ie nose wheel steering. Once you press that you sill be able to steer on the ground. Further instructions if needed are in the thread

Thanks Bubba

1 Like

Darkstar won’t take off in open world, f18 hard to land

Hello @POWWW420,

Have you tried the steps in this post?

1 Like