Darkstar and F18 uncontrollable in "open world map" flights

I’m currently experiencing this issue, doesn’t matter if “Flight Model” is set to “Legacy” or “Modern”, the flight is still broken. I have zero control of the Darkstar, but the F18 flies fine.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Doesn’t matter if the “Flight Model” is set to “Legacy” or “Modern”, the Darkstar remains unflyable. The F18 flies fine though

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Used Gamebar to record the problem, here’s a link to the video: youtu.be/o-Tm89d2wRo

I’ve been able to fly it tho… So how can it be unflyable?

Let me barrow your system then since you seem to have all the answers…

I don’t have all the answers. I’m just saying that I can fly it perfectly fine and so can many other people because if we couldn’t you would see thousands of posts here about that.

This suggests to me that there is some other problem that’s causing your issue. I don’t know about your system or how you have it configured because you haven’t provided the information. If you want help in debugging this then please be more cordial. If not then good luck.

Perhaps try, IDK, looking up the link to the video I posted showing the issue happening in real-time. But if you must know, Threadripper 5995wx on a Gigabyte wrx80 motherboard, 128GB ram, 3x 6900xt (3d simulation, CAD, and coding), 10TB SSD. oh, and it’s the latest win10 x64 version. I’m literally, savagely, over-spec for this game. So the problem must be software. And others on this forum have stated that the “fix” didn’t work for them.

Same issue F-18 uncontrollable in open world. Won’t steer the problem started as soon as the Top Gun DLC was released. But the Top Gun DLC works perfectly…

This is the solution, move to Modern and Dark star works perfectly.

Why would you be in Legacy flight model anyway?

I play in series x, that’s how the game came by default

Well, never fly that way

This does’nt work for me my dark star still goes crazy

If you would like help in improving your skill, it would help if you could post a video about what problems you are having.

The aircraft is very sensitive but is controllable with the right equipment

yes

Whenever I attempt to lift off with the Darkstar, it begins to bug out and become spastic on the runway, forcing it to shake and slide off the runway. I killed the throttle, and the plane pushed it back up itself before bouncing all over the ground, ending in the aircrsft slamming the right side into the ground.

N/A

Hi.

Did you try changing the flight model to “Modern” in the options?

Make sure to restart the sim after changing the flight model.

I am about to