DC Designs F-14A/B Tomcat Announcement & Discussion

my f14 is invisible, i tried to install mod and game again but still not working.
can you help me?

imgur com/a/XbdUN9V

1 Like

For some reason once supersonic you still hear the F-14 while in front of aircraft, when you shouldn’t. It is still same sound moving camera around aircraft. Is that being worked on or am I missing something?

1 Like

remove the mod and f14, re install f14

1 Like

So go to content manager and uninstall the F-14? Then re install? If that is what you mean, I did that twice. Am I supposed to go into a folder and delete something there too? Thank you for your assistance

2 Likes

That was a reply to a different post. As far as the sound issue goes (minor that it is), mine does the same. IIRC, the Darkstar, which clearly demonstrates the feature, came out after the Tomcat, so maybe it wasn’t supported by the SDK at the time of the Tomcat’s release? I am not sure if that is being worked on or not.

i try one more time after 2 day.

don’t work.

youtu . be/Htzx20soU_E

DC Designs try asking for help on the official support channel as the team are not allowed to give support via these forums

1 Like

All - If you purchased in Market Place, I do not know what you have to do to remove and reinstall it. I do not purchase anything in the MP. Xbox users may only have that option. I’m on pc.

IF not MP, then you downloaded a file, go to Control Panel, add remove programs and remove the plane from the list of programs. Restart PC. Then reinstall the latest version, easy peasy.

Today, I flew this plane, I’m getting better and better at landing it, the new rudder pedals are still causing me some learning issues, but getting better. This is a great plane.

1 Like

Just gotta say, I still love this plane and it gets probibly between 25-40% of my flight time in it. Just gotta say Thanks Dean for this amazing piece of art. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately it is sad that the F14 was expired before its time, it could have been fully upgraded like other aircraft of the same era (F15, F16, F18), but alas global politics (US-Iran relations) was but another contributing factor in its demise. :frowning:

However, it’s amazing that we can keep it alive in this amazing sim we all love (most of the time :wink: )

And now some pics….

PS: I fly using a Yoke (honeycomb) not a stick…. Blasphemy!!! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

All - I use JS, but have been using one for decades and too old to change. Most MIL planes now use JS, instead of Yoke, not all but many of them. Airbus uses one as well, but don’t fly those. I gave consideration to Yoke, but after using the Honeycomb Throttle, decided against that, too big and bulky and do I gain more precision, I did not think I would, in fact, I think I lose it. So I upgraded to the Virpil VFX JS which is exact replica of the A-B model one, some changes in the D model, but not enough to worry about. I do not have all the buttons/switches on it modeled exactly like the one in RL, as not sure if MSFS would allow those customizations anyway. Just have some of them modeled, and not the way the RL plane is anyway.

Verified?

It’s a bug, that’s all.

Ease off buddy.

Don’t report it or ask for support. You will likely get told off with a rude response.

A reminder to keep this topic on-topic. If you want to continue participating, avoid posts aimed at other users and focus solely on the discussion.

From the Code of Conduct - SOP:

• The Skies are Open for All - Everyone is welcome to Microsoft Flight Simulator regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, or creed.
  • One World, One Community - No matter how you play – regardless of platform, experience level, or reason – we are one community of aviation lovers.
  • Follow Your Checklist - Adhere to the set of rules from each community space. Skipping a checklist item can ground a flight quickly.
  • A Pilot is a Pilot - Treat everyone in the community with respect, and seek to have positive experiences with your fellow pilots.
  • A Pilot is a Pilot - Treat everyone in the community with respect, and seek to have positive experiences with your fellow pilots.
2 Likes

The sounds were done before it was possible to add that, other DC jets since have it. Will most likely be updated this year when the F-14D is added to the package.

5 Likes

Nice! Glad to hear that, great news. Good work on all your aircraft

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the F-4!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Good to hear. What does the D variant improve upon?

The D varient was a more modernised version of the 14. More MFDs than dial, multirole capabilities rather than A2A focused, it didnt have such a long career as the A/B varients.

3 Likes

I just came back to the DC Design F-14 B Tomcat.
I noticed, that they changed some things like the AFCS knobs.
Stab, Aug and Yaw Damper knobs cannot be moved. I think the switches worked some time ago.
Are there patchnotes, where I can see what changes were done?

Sorry, but somehow the F-14 now feels like the MS F/A 18. Only displayed without been simulated properly.

Or am I wrong and those switches were never simulated?