DC Designs F-14A/B Tomcat Announcement & Discussion

any idea when they will update logan airports graphics and or the boston area in general? Born and raised in East Cambridge here …Living up in NH for the last 35 yrs but love flying in and around Beantown…:slight_smile:

I am hoping a top-tier payware designer takes on Logan. I need that one! When I lived in Greater Boston I have been in South End, Southie, Somerville, and Quincy. :wink: I now reside in Chicago.

1 Like

Just saw the comments and realised I hadn’t updated this for a while. All aircraft images are Work in Progress. Mostly been working on the Tomcat’s various animations and also the coding for auto-wing sweep. Manual settings will follow later. A LOT of decals needed for rivets and panel lines, two thousand rivets hand-placed so far, another three thousand to go. And people say we developers don’t do enough… :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Wow! That is true dedication!

1 Like

WIP shot of the F-14A front cockpit. Textures being applied at the moment, and PBR added as I go along. All built from scratch. You can see some of the UV maps on the surfaces I have yet to finish off. Visual detail will be as high as I can make it, and weathering will be moderate ( the DCS Heatblur Tomcat is very beaten up, I’m hoping to create something that’s weathered but not quite as much ).

RIO cockpit will be equally detailed visually. Systems depth will be the DC Designs level, aimed so that everybody can use it. However, the A model’s engines will be prone to compressor stalls just like the real aircraft, and reading the manual will be more important in the Tomcat than it is in the Eagles.

9 Likes

The uvver side :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks great Dean! Not to drag your F-15 as it’s gotten a lot better, but initial impressions are that the F-14 is really taking the visual fidelity up a notch which is fantastic to see. Looking forward to a purchase.

2 Likes

Thanks! While I cannot say too much, this is the result of not having to spend months developing something with one hand behind my back :slight_smile: The F-14s will be top-notch MSFS standard right out of the launch gate, and I’m very much enjoying working on them.

3 Likes

Loving the shots coming out! Can’t wait to crank up Kenny Loggins in one of these bad boys!

3 Likes

Please keep this topic on-topic without the name calling and bickering. Any future flags received on some members in this topic and action will be taken on your account. We ask that our forum members remember to treat each other with courtesy and respect.

9 Likes

It’s “Larry Muczynski” and “James Anderson”.

1 Like

First shot of the Tomcat front office in MSFS. Still some texturing around the GRU-7 seat to finish and proper texture maps for the side panels. RIO’s office will follow next week as work starts there, ready to animate. Every switch will be switchable, although not all of course will have an actual function within MSFS.

Also, a little shot of the accompanying NAS Miramar scenery that will be released around the same time ( MCAS Miramar option will be added at a later date when MSFS supports visibility conditions for scenery BGL files )

9 Likes

The view inside is awsome, so sad not to have this quality in the F15.
Thank’s for pictures and job.

2 Likes

What I’m learning with the F-14 will be brought into F-15 updates going forward :+1:

9 Likes

Still an update in April for the F15 as you said? Or too short and you need more time since you work on two plans. I would understand😉

F-15s still being updated, might end up coming in May but it’s all underway. The aircraft are pretty decent now so it’s all about minor bugs and improvements based on community feedback. Glass tint to be removed, new scratches to canopy glass, better PBR implementation in cockpit, lots of little things really, including a much-improved FPS in the cockpit.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to get the F14!

2 Likes

@DEAN01973 sorry for this question… maybe another 100 peoples have already done it… any ETA for the F14?

I’m aiming for late May 2021, but that date may move as I really want the F-14s to be as perfect as possible. So far, I’m on track though for release.

3 Likes

Take your time, dont rush, there are enough of unfinished and over expensive planes around.

2 Likes