DC Designs F-14A/B Tomcat Announcement & Discussion

Thanks i will follow this projects…and ready to buy as soon as it will be available :slight_smile: already own your f15 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a few from this week’s update on my FaceAche page - all WIP, much being done :slight_smile:

9 Likes

This looks Fing STELLAR. Can’t wait, man!

3 Likes

Does it look as good T-45 Hawk or MD 339 for MSFS? That is where the bar is at with jets. Heatblur in DCS? that is a high mark.

1 Like

It looks as good as the first two already, in my opinion, and it isn’t nearly finished yet. Still well over a month from release so opinions on appearance being inadequate are premature to say the least. Others made the same mistake when this thread was opened with very early images of the work.

I’m not aiming to equal the DCS F-14, that’s a different model for a different flight simulator. This is for those who want a Tomcat that is accessible at all levels - i.e, the vast majority.

3 Likes

Take my money now ! :ok_hand::clinking_glasses::airplane::grin:

3 Likes

This is a reminder of the Code of Conduct. Several posts in this topic have been removed. Please treat each other with respect.

Any future flags where it violates the Code of Conduct and warnings will be issues on your account.

1 Like

another aberration like f15, I respect your work and effort, but this should be freeware, not payware

1 Like

You making a freeware f-14 like this? Dang, send me the link man.

5 Likes

:laughing:

Taking a week off from the Tomcats to perform the F-15 updates, so here’s a few more shots of my inadequate efforts :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Why we have a delay between the release date and the date for the market place

It takes the marketplace up to 3 weeks to clear new releases / updates, while other vendors put them up almost next day. Nobody really knows why MS take so long.

2 Likes

A few updated shots of the F-14A - work resumed this week full-time, for a release in July. All WIP images of course.

6 Likes

15 Likes

Just a few more recent shots. F-14A’s TF-30 engines now simulate compressor stalls in various flight configurations for realism. The F-14B has the GE-110 engines and so does not suffer these issues. Working also on systems, coding, texture art and full-cockpit animations - 100% of work time is now on the F-14s in anticipation of a late-July launch for the package.

Price will be $30 or so for both aircraft in the package.

13 Likes

Looking great! I assume per usual it’ll come to MSFS Marketplace but without the missiles? :slight_smile:

Missiles are included with the package, but are invisible unless selected as payload weights, as per the F-15 Eagles on the marketplace.

2 Likes

Oh neat! Even better. :smiley: Thanks! (I’d missed that you can reenable them on the F15!! yayyy)

1 Like

Dont rush It @DEAN01973, how about to wait for TopGun addon and the carrier release and test all new features before Tomcats release?

Oh don’t worry it’s not being rushed, the F-14s have been underway since February.

There will probably be an update to the airplane once the carrier module is released to ensure compatibility, although I will ask Asobo nearer the time and hopefully get the info I need prior to that so the Tomcats are ready for it :+1:

8 Likes