DC Designs F-14A/B Tomcat Announcement & Discussion

Take my money already !!!

2 Likes

The F-14A is off to the paint shop for her professional external textures. Most coding is now in place, about to write the manual. Sound pack is underway with Sim Acoustics. F-14B conversion will begin within a few days now. Launch is set for early August, as I want to make sure Sim Update 5 doesn’t break anything beforehand.

13 Likes

Looks great, Dean!

2 Likes

Looking fantastic Dean, so looking forward to flying this iconic bird…although I can’t see it usurping my beloved F-15 :grinning:

1 Like

very impressive looking Grumman - looks like it will have a switch-able RIO camera position?

Yes, you can switch to the RIO seat and back again at will. Every switch works in the RIO seat, but most don’t have an actual MSFS function as they don’t yet exist - they’re ready for the future though should things like that change.

4 Likes

Semper Paratus

gimme gimme :yum::clinking_glasses::ok_hand:

1 Like

13 Likes

Release date ??

I am guessing the release date may depend on how this sim update rolls out, and if it effects any of the work they did. Once its ready, I am excited to get flying in this thing!

3 Likes

Remember that you told me,F16 is next :sunglasses::yum: I’LL BE WAITING !!

3 Likes

Release date for the Tomcats is August 19th, for PC, at Just Flight, $34.99. Marketplace and other stores will follow a couple of weeks after that.

Full details at the Facebook page, linked below;

[Redirecting...]

13 Likes

Looks nice.
Will it have a native afterburner effect or is it like the F-15?

1 Like

Consider it BOUGHT already !

3 Likes

Nothing has native afterburners until Asobo switch them on - they’ll probably do that when they release their carrier and Super Hornet update later this year.

7 Likes

Why so little cockpit screenshots?

1 Like

Ah okay, thought it was possible since new effects were introduced by SU5

Got so excited when I saw the post. I have already put some money aside in my budget to pick this up on launch as can never say no to a high quality Jet especially one as iconic as the F-14!

Thank you Dean and Team for the amazing quality, hard work and long term support all at what is a incredibly fair price

2 Likes

Can’t wait for this. The F-15 is one of my favourite go to aircraft in the sim. I don’t understand the snobbishness about military aircraft in FS2020. They’re so much fun.

It’ll be interesting to see what afterburner effects are possible after they come natively to the sim. Hopefully we’ll get nice bright realistic looking afterburners.

4 Likes