DC Designs - F-15 Strike Eagle (C, D, E & I)

any plans to update the sounds

2 Likes

For the throttle issue on xbox:
Go to the controller profile unbind throttle increase
And bind throttle 2 increase to desired button and bind throttle 1 increase (small) to the same button.

Yes, the new fly-by sounds for AI and a few other bits and pieces will be included when Sim Acoustics can fit the work in.

5 Likes

Would you mind sharing some of the lengths you’ve gone to find research?
What have been some of your most useful sources?
Anything you’ve learned that surprised you or stood out?

1 Like

I just wanted to say that I built F-14 and F-15 model planes when I was a kid. It is an absolute pleasure to get both aircraft up and running and then taxi out for take-off. I appreciate the time and effort taken to improve the planes and your continued communication with the community.

3 Likes

The knowledge I was referring to was how to use MSFS to make my aircraft better - it’s as big a job as building the airplanes themselves. I was surprised to learn that the F-15 only has two flap settings though, full down or nothing.

5 Likes

I see so much harsh criticism towards some of your projects. Just because they are missing certain more gimmicky functions or a few textures need to be touched up. Armchair aerodynamics experts who baselessly claim the flight characteristics aren’t accurate. Ignorant to a number of differing factors especially the default sensitivity are different between this game and DCS. Let alone customizing them to match up. Good on you for getting baseline functional versions of these iconic aircraft out there and improving them over time. Also supporting the Xbox Market. I dont think people grasp the concept that the purpose of these mostly military aircraft to be some of the most advanced and capable aircraft out there. Not to mention this game doesnt properly accommodate small super sonic fighters yet.

Im so used to Devs across the gaming industry releasing broken buggy messes. After a Trans Atlantic flight in the F14B, Going back to the F15E, I definitely can see a few flaws I didnt notice before. Im excited for the update.

7 Likes

Thanks! Yes, 90% + of all feedback about the greater complexities of aerodynamics on all flight simulation platforms is uninformed, unfortunately, and my jets seemed to take more flak than others, especially from DCS World users. Mind you, that’s stopped recently since I started posting demo videos of the airplanes being flown as they should be - turns out the SC Designs F-16 flight model is superior to that of the one in DCS.

F-15 updates are well underway, should be a great leap forward for them in realism, aerodynamics, sound and visuals :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Dean…What did you expect ? Someone who makes Airliners,to get flak? (i just googled this word by the way :joy:)
Hardcore rude guys,are usually the ones who think that they are actually fighter pilots while playing dcs or mfs.Let them be in their microworld
Airliners pilots,are mostly calm guys who want an aviation experience while sightseing the world in msfs.I also do that but due to all the recent sim bugs,my A320 sits in the hangar,while ALL your birds are untouched by SU7 and are a joy to fly.Especially with my recent hobby making pilot cameras,a feature that ONLY YOU provide to me as a customer and i am having the time of my life,while healing from 2 surgeries.

I just did an F16 video,in Chino Airport,after watching a real utube video.
Keep those birds coming.I am expecting the whole military line up from you man ! :v::clinking_glasses:

7 Likes

I like your energy and hope you’re on the mend from your 2 surgeries.

1 Like

Thank you very much.
Now i am on the last obstacles of the course i’ve been through since November 2020
The Sim and Deans planes,kept me sane :rofl::clinking_glasses:

1 Like

I lost 3 of my closest immediate family members in 2020. I thought my toughest times were in my past but I’m still trying to recover. The only joy I have had since 2020, was meeting a really cool dude that I became best buds with, and msfs 2020. The Sim gives me both joy, but equally important, an escape.

Ps-my username/gamertag was randomly generated by steam because all the cool/clever names I could think of were taken. When it comes to these forums and msfs I am anything but joyless

6 Likes

Dean, is it possible for some of the unused buttons on the PFD to be used for V/S like they are in the F-16? That and a mach/knots button would be great. The F-16 has that as well.

Thanks!

The MFDs are an evolving thing at the moment, that will hopefully end up much closer to the real F-16’s displays, but it takes a lot of time to learn how to code all that in HTML so it will be a while before we can make them more realistic. Same goes for the F-15s etc.

Some developers have fallen back on XML code, which we know much better and can be much more accurate as a result, but Asobo have said that eventually XML will be phased out in MSFS, so I see that as a bad idea.

2 Likes

Thanks! No rush at all. I have the V/S stuff mapped to my HOTAS and there’s multiple places in the cockpit where Mach speed can be seen. Keep up the great work!

Today, a 4 ship with 2 F-35’s at the Mach Loop 05/01/2022 and for the hours between 14:00 and 15:30 it was an Eagle frenzy…there was so many passes I actually lost count :joy: unbelievable day

14 Likes

Something about today but I also saw lots of action but holy smokes man, those are the most crisp screen shots I have seen yet! You must have an amazing set up to produce such quality images. Very cool.

1 Like

I concur. I’ve been trying forever to get some good ones.

Honestly, thats why I never post pics of takeoffs where I work. It looks so bad even on an iPhone 13. Theres no way in hell Id be allowed to show up with cameras either.

I just want a working ejection seat for those times where I push the plane beyond what it can do. I personally have cost my government billions in aircraft, :rofl: