DC Designs - F-15 Strike Eagle (C, D, E & I)

The ability to walk away and turn on your rescue transponder. I was involved in making 3 updates for those things.

I have lost a friend also last year. Having met him in the Philippines in 1970 while in the USAF. I can understand the loss you suffer to a point. I hope your grief can move a step back as a new friend walks with you now. JoylessTunic738, you have added to my joy. Simple things can raise a hope and I thank you for doing that for me.
Good Wishes, Bob Bondi AKA Biter.

1 Like

Knowing how accurate this sim can be to real life, I am wondering if someone can answer my curiosity.

I’ve noticed both the F-14 and F-15 tend to pitch nose down slightly once they get to a certain speed. Assuming this is how it is in real life, why does this happen?

If you’re talking about accelerating, then it’s called “Mach tuck” and is caused when the aircraft reaches transonic velocity and a pressure shock-wave moves down the length of the fuselage from the nose, causing the nose to dip briefly.

3 Likes

I love how this game teaches me so much. Do you guys include mentioning stuff like that when you first put out these jets? I mean it’s one of many perks that stood out even to my novice experience and from memory I do not recall if other planes do the same. I like the attention to detail especially in instances like this where it’s enough to make me wonder, inquiry, and learn.

2 Likes

I see ya out there near the Grand Canyon…look out for me!!!

1 Like

The other day there was 4 different military jets and they all wanted to “play” in the canyon and I had a blast so I’m just in the parking area waiting for someone to pull up. I saw you on the world maps earlier testing out the F-35. I’d be flying it but I’m going to wait for the ctd issue to be fixed. It takes too long to restart.

Ermmm you do realise these are actually photos I took at the Mach Loop yesterday, and NOT in game screenshots!

2 Likes

These are actual photos I took at the Mach Loop yesterday!! Not in game screenshots

2 Likes

Yeah I figured that out after I had made my post and inspected further. Those are some amazing pics though. Very lucky you got to see in person and I am glad I got to see the pictures you captured.

Can this be fixed, Dean, please ?
I asked you about, a few

months ago, you said " well spotted - OK - with the next update "
F15C, in comparison with the F16C, looks darker not only from the cockpit, but from the external view as well.
Everything looks darker
I could make some screenshots with different aircrafts ( to prove ) with the same position, same weather, time of the day, altitude, etc

1 Like

Yes I saw the posts you made. This issue with the F-15C has already been fixed. With the F-16’s I disagree, the cockpit glass seems fine and there are no other complaints about it.

hi all

I absolutely love this aircraft and have put many hours into it since its release. it is truly wonderful to see how it has progressed and the continuous effort put in over many months by DC and collaborators (shout out to codename Jack). I highly recommend it for anyone on the fence. If you are enjoying the f/a-18 or any of the other jet fighters in MSFS I definitely recommend this one.

I have just recently returned to it after a long break (distracted by other aircraft) and have noticed an issue with touchdown sound effects missing. After a quick search I see it fixed many versions ago which confused me because I am having the issue on a fresh install version 1.0.7 from the Just Flight download. The only trouble shooting I’ve done is an uninstall and fresh install using the Just Flight app. Any other clues as to missing touchdown sound effects? Forgive me if the answer is right in front of me and this post is redundant. Thanks in advance for your time.

1 Like

I’ve heard this once or twice although I think they’re working here. I will check it out soon as the sounds are also being updated to include the awesome exterior “fly-by” engine sounds.

1 Like

Man…i was meaning to tell you about this.Those sounds that you have implemented in the F16 are OUT OF THIS WORLD !!!

2 Likes

Mike at Sim Acoustics certainly did a great job, and they’re also being improved all the time.

2 Likes

hi! Anxiously awaiting the F-15 update, any ETA yet on when we may see it? I promise I won’t hold you to a hard date… much…

There is no date set yet, just follow the FB page as it’ll be announced there when ready :+1:

1 Like

I follow your FB page, but FB is such a mess, I never see anything I follow. I just hope it will post here or on the JF site when it’s released.

Oh definitely, you’ll also get an e-mail from Just Flight announcing the update, standard procedure if you own a product from their store.

2 Likes