DC Designs - F-15 Strike Eagle (C, D, E & I)

Spend some time between Denver and Austin today. Pretty windy out here. Feeling it live. This is crazy!

3 Likes

Kind of kicking myself. I just now decided to look into extra liveries for this plane. Flightsim.to has 4 pages worth. I’m testing them out one by one now, thus far they’re all looking great.

Question, if I dl all of the liveries from there, do you think that gives me a solid chance of seeing another person’s Eagle as an Eagle? I was seeing other Eagles in the sky appearing as cessnas so I’m hoping these are the most popular ones. If not, please point me in the right direction.

There’s a sim option to show other players aircraft as GENERIC. Do you have that enabled? I have maybe 5 - 6 other liveries for most of my payware planes, certainly not all of them. But I still see Eagles as Eagles, Tomcats as Tomcats, P-38’s as P-38’s, etc. It’s usually only when I have no version of the plane at all do I see random Cessnas, Airbuses, etc.

1 Like

I usually see F-14’s as F-14’s, and others. Just the other day I ran into two Eagles that didn’t appear as they should. One of them confirmed he was using a non default skin. I assumed the other person was as well.

I think its a server side issue. The past few days I had this issue, couldnt see f-35’s, F-15E’s, F-14’s, etc as they should, they showed generic. I was flying in the F-15C. Only other F-15C’s would show correctly. About 24 hours ago this sees to have corrected itself. I no longer show generic models for planes and liveries I know I own, that others are flying in multiplayer.

I am about 90% sure this is an Asobo server issue/thing.

2 Likes

My guess is yes. You have the weapons installed?

If you already don’t know it,learn to use the Addon Linker

2 Likes

It keeps happening ever since I first downloaded this plane and am wondering if it’s happening to anyone else.

I keep coming back to this jet, and somehow manage to love it more than I did before. It just happened again earlier today.

1 Like

what is happening exactly?

It’s awesomeness

1 Like

Can the transponder in the C, D, and E be turned on? So far it’s always shown to be in STNDBY mode. It’s probably something very easy I’m overlooking.

That’s already been implemented for the forthcoming big update for the Eagles - it was just an oversight on my part at the time of original development.

4 Likes

I specifically downloaded 4 pages worth of liveries because I would see other Eagles as Cessnas.

I thought if I had the same skin as someone else, we’d be able to see them. That wasn’t the case though and I’m wondering why.

My friend used his black grim reaper skin. I was not able to see him as an Eagle or his skin, and I tried both when I was in a different plane and when I loaded in with the same plane and livery. Cessna both times

This is an MSFS specific bug with multiplayer - they seem to have quite a lot of them lately. Some folks see the proper airplane in MP, others do not, and nobody seems to know why it happens. The sooner they fix this, or let us know what to do about it, the better, I hate seeing Cessnas where Eagles, Tomcats and Vipers should be!

3 Likes

It’s only happening to me with the Eagle :confused: I own most of the planes I see flying around. Hawks, Tomcats, F-16, F/A18s, F-22, CY-57, all of them appear as they should but the Eagle seems to be okay as long as it’s the default version.
But a friend gave me a skin for a different plane, and I could still see him in his non default skin and he could see mine. Unsure why the non default skin seems to only be affecting my favorite plane to see in the skies.
Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I know this is silly, but the movie “Iron Eagle”, I only saw it when I was a little kid like 7 or 8. So much time has passed that I totally forgot the premise of that movie or anything that happened in it. I knew it was about jets though, so I decided to re-watch it. I only did so, because the name “Iron EAGLE”. I thought it’d include the F-15 with the movie name and all, but halfway into it I believe this Iron “Eagle” movie is only about the F-16. Someone please confirm so I can justify not finishing this cheesy movie.

Confirmed. Now go buy the SC Designs F-16. You’ll love it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pilots are back in the F-15s now, got a cool way of making sure the user can control whether they appear or not based on Lvar switches that can be set in the FLT files - default is “off”, but switch on the oxygen switches and he will appear when using custom cameras. Perfect solution so that folks don’t get annoyed at the pilot being in the way when setting up their own cameras.

6 Likes

Genius!! Great solution.

1 Like

Can’t wait for all your future masterpieces with their pilots in !!!
You guys are the BEST !!

3 Likes