DC Designs - F-15 Strike Eagle (C, D, E & I)

Working on the G-vapour effects produced for my airplanes by Karl Derner. Very dynamic and exciting to see when flying the aircraft! :slight_smile:

17 Likes

ΙT IS EPIC !!
Will this also be implemented on F14-16 as well ?

2 Likes

Definitely

5 Likes

I realize this wouldn’t apply at all to the Marketplace version, but has there been any consideration of trying to implement drag (versus just the weight) for external stores, or is that one of those “requires external application/lots of work, so it’s not gonna happen” things?

It can be done but while external stores do add drag to a certain degree, I’m not sure how much of a difference it makes in terms of aerodynamics, but it does make a big difference in performance. An example is the F-15C, capable of Mach 2.5. Except it isn’t if it’s carrying any external tanks - the airplane can still reach its maximum velocity, but it will tear the tanks mounts off while doing so. I think they are limited to Mach 1.2 or so when tanks are carried. Likewise, G-limits are much lower when carrying external stores of any kind.

It’s something I will consider adding in the future.

4 Likes

This is awesome!!!

1 Like

Any ETA on the release of the update?

1 Like

No ETAs at this time, Concorde is the priority project. However, I can say that we’re talking weeks and not months probably. Both the F-14 and F-15 updates are progressing really well, I just want them to be right before releasing as I won’t be able to revisit them for a few months afterward due to other projects for 2022 - best to get 'em as good as I can before pulling the pin :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Take your time. The planes are awesome as they are.

P.S. Could the Concorde replace my beloved 78X for long hauls?

1 Like

So are you planning to release the Concorde before updating the F-15?

Maximum range for the 787 is a LOT longer than the Concorde, so “long hauls” will be pretty short in comparison, unless you plan to monkey with the fuel load in-flight with the sim payload menu. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I only “sim” the fuel if I take a fighter over a long distance and I’m too lazy to land and re-fuel(I know in-air refueling exists). I’ll treat the Concorde like I do the other airliners. No fuel shortcuts.

1 Like

In that case, Paris or London to the US east coast routes are probably about as far as you’ll be able to fly. But you’ll get there a lot faster in the Concorde than the Seven-Eight, that’s for sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gotta use those NATs! I’ll squeeze out every mile I can!

1 Like

Flying over my college home in the 15E…

4 Likes

They’re to be released at about the same time probably - the F-15’s sound is also being upgraded, with that work being done by Sim Acoustics alongside Concorde’s custom sound set. Can’t release either until that’s done.

6 Likes

Im waiting for the update before flying them again. The state they are in now isn’t even bad but seems like an overhaul at this point! I miss the Strike Eagles range and power, but it will feel like a new plane all over again if I wait. Tomcat days for me until then.

3 Likes

I am assuming the flight model will be updated with the pitch and that the ability for dust to kick up will be available with this jet as it is a feature with other jets currently.

Yes all of that has already been updated :+1:

4 Likes

I love flying this plane but can anybody please tell me when using this on Xbox it appears the throttle sync issue still exists for me. Is it still a work in progress?

A couple of additional questions.

Can anybody please tell me how to operate the air brake from the cockpit?
Can you have a pilot in the cockpit view or external view?
Is there any likelihood of adding the vapour effect to the top of the wings in high G turns?