DC Designs F-15

Ok people, I hope you were having a good time with the Eagles update 2.0, but… what if we go with a revision of it?

dcdesigns-aircraft-f15_rev_1.01f !!!

I’m sorry it took so long to publish this revision, it’s been two hard days and we still want to continue learning and improving, in fact there are several of us who have been working on this update, including those who have been testing privately and giving constant feedback. We really appreciate it.

I don’t want to bore you with so much talk so let’s go with the changelog!

• Reworked engine map, so you will notice increased thrust below 50% throttle, better control and better response (so landings should be better), and also better behaviour of thrust vs altitude below 10000ft.

• Some minor fixes in aerodynamics: Nose wheel steering and taxiing should behave much smoother now (less twitchy).

• SilentG37, Dean and I have been working hard to fix the Flt files and we believe we have fixed it: so when you load the aircraft either in hangar or ramp everything will be off (engines, avionics, etc), so you will be able to do the cold dark start without problems (ctrl+e). If you get some engine stuck at 25% when starting, the workaround is ctrl+shift+F4. Also when you load on runway both engines will be working when heading to runway as well as navigation, strobing and taxi lights as default.
    *To reclarify, starting from a parking spot, you will NEED to do CTRL-E or bind “Auto-Start-Engine” to any key

• Fixed Avionics and battery switches and working as intended. Alternatively you can switch off battery with alt+b.

• Experimental: we added some additional taxi lights to improve ilumination, but we still have to fix the location of them. this is just a test, either in the number of lights or in their position (Our intent with this is to give people the functionality of the taxi lights and to be seen from inside the cockpit. The solution is not perfect, but should provide the light needed at night while we search for other solutions).
    *The taxi lights can be turned on using ATL-J or by binding “Toggle Taxi Lights” to any key/throttle switch

• Corrected gauge’s values in external UI: flaps shouldn’t show 0% values when deployed among other things.

This is all for now. We want to continue working on the aerodynamics and certain details, in addition to those things that you are detecting.
The engine we are based on is the P&W100-229, which for now we are using in all Eagles so the thrust is the same for all, but we will try to recreate the engines of each one.

Instructions: rename from *.pln to *.rar or *.zip and unrar or unzip dcdesigns-aircraft-f15_rev_1.01f to your comunity folder. It should look like this:

As always your feedback is appreciated.

My best wishes and we hope you enjoy!

dcdesigns-aircraft-f15_rev_1.01f.pln (138.3 KB)

4 Likes