DC Designs F-15

hope the devs fix this LOW-FPS-BUG when in cockpit

maybe only one of the panel display is causing this low fps, and not all?

haha, thatā€™s what i are going to do, uncomment one by one and testā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s likely to be the hud right? Has anyone had anyluck just removing that one? Also, does switching the hud update rate in settings help? For alot of us vr guys weā€™ve seen an improvement having it on high in terms of less stutters but with a cockpit as intense as the f15 we might need to turn it down as its taxing the cpu too much?
Just some thoughts

No mate, you are wrong, the legacy imported raw model use .air files and and only aircraft.cfg file, while i have had to redo all from zero:

You wonā€™t see any .air file here since i reworked each config file separately to use the modern model.

Thatā€™s very likely because that model uses a work around not native to the MSFS SDK. Supersonic flight, as I understand, is not natively supported by the SDK at this time.

Curious, are you a current/former F-15 pilot? Wondering because you might be able to provide the developer more insight perhaps with your experience.

Using DLAA currently fixes the blurry HUD thankfully.

1 Like

removing the hud gives a huge performanc boost for me.
thx for finding this.

but on the other side, the hud looks really cool. hope the devs fix this issue

You need to speak to DC Designs then because theyā€™re claiming true mach plus flight isnā€™t possible in the sim with the modern flight model currently, until Asobo patch it, which apparently theyā€™re going to do this Summer.

1 Like

Editing flightmodels does not need to be done in the SDK, and SDK is just to monitor performance and it all works fine with mach speeds, I have several aircraft flying with modern flightmodels and speeds above mach 2

I know the workaround:

if you take a prepar3d jet sample you will find this:

Which is the chapter dedicated about increase thrust with afterburner. the problem is, this has not been included or implemented in msfs2020, neither is included in engine.cfg

The workaround is tweak n1 mach to thrust table:

if we take for example eurofighter typhoon which has static thrust of 13500 and 20000 with afterburner and you divide between them you have more or less 1,48148, that you include at the end in the last row of the table. So you will reach the 20000lbs thrust in game at full throttle teorethically. This isnā€™t how AB work in reality, but is somehow a fake way to do it. Of, course there are other variables like drag and such involved, but this is the way now to emulate.

P.S.
Regarding your question, no, I have never flown an F-15, but what they come to sell us here is far from looking like an F-15. It looks more like a stock msfs2020 tbm930 vitaminized

3 Likes

I think you misunderstood my statement. Supersonic flight is not natively supported by the SDK. That would likely add more editable parameters to the already existing flightmodel and engine configuration file, not already available, and would not require a shoddy work around to the existing parameters.

1 Like

These workarounds are not shoddy nor difficult and better then have a slow F-15 imho

2 Likes

Agree to disagree on opinion then. I personally am happy with the F-15 and look forward to future updates on it. For me personally this is the highest quality available fighter (not like thereā€™s a large selection atm) and the work actually shows.

2 Likes

Letā€™s see, I understand what you mean, but I am a simple consumer who pays for a product and makes the respective criticism. This is like Cyberpunk, you sell something, create a hype during years before its realese and then the final product is not what you paid for or far away as expected. This is how sales will affect them, if they donā€™t improve it or fix it. But it is not my problem, neither yours, neither to fix it nor to make a github with a mod, because I am not dedicated to this. I only denounce the reality of this so that you know what you are going to buy. I knew that the product wanā€™t to match my expectations but didnā€™t expect such questionable quality made by folks who make money from this

4 Likes

Well i mean the dev could have implemented this easily instead of saying itā€™s not supported. But indeed for this price the product should be better. (I expected this a bit already but i still bought it as a diy modelā€¦ehm project)

haha, i agree entirely.

Anyway, I donā€™t know why Iā€™m complaining, I really am excited to take the flight model and the engine and modify it (itā€™s a way of learning and there is a lot of documentation out there). I do not regret the purchase (I love the 3d model and the effects and the great work that has been done), but in the end I spend more time making adjustments than flying.

I would like if they are reading this to take it as constructive criticism. There is a lot to improve and I donā€™t think it takes that long.

1 Like

Iā€™d love a fast jet, but in terms of visuals alone this looks absolutely dreadful. Thatā€™s just from looking at the screenshots and videos available, I dread to think how it appears under closer inspection.

Considering all the things that donā€™t need to be done for combat aircraft in MSFS, a decent 3D model is the least Iā€™d expect from a payware mod.

Reading that the flight model also has issues makes me question how they justify asking any price for it.

Visually it looks fine in the sim. Its far, far better looking than the Euro Fighter Typhoon. That really does look rough and ready and has a performance to match. I definitely did feel that was a bit of a waste of money.

DC Designs have said that the F-15 is a port over from an older model though and as such isnā€™t going to be as good looking as aircraft modelled natively for the sim. Theyā€™ve also said that some rough edges are going to be improved in the coming months. It is a bit of a work in progress and people can buy it and enjoy it now in the knowledge its going to be improved or just wait until its been further optimised. Take your pick I guess.

Thereā€™s the MB-339 if you fancy a fast jet trainer. Thatā€™s superbly well and done and performs great in the sim. Its superb fun in VR.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have the MB-339. Shouldā€™ve said fastER jet :slight_smile:

From what Iā€™ve seen of the Eurofighter, I wouldnā€™t touch it with a ten foot pole.

2 Likes

Hi, am a bit disappointed with this aircraft. I bought this aircraft for P3D when it came out so had no hesitation buying it for MSFS. I ( wrongly ? ) expected a similar functional aircraft to the P3D one which it self has limitations.
The HUD is too close and blurry. There is a heading hold on the autopilot but no heading bug to set the heading. Undercarriage lever doesnt move. The MFD wont change modes and just shows the weapon page. Nav mode doesnt work so cant track a VOR. All these functions work on the P3D version.
If these type of limitations were listed on the shop page i may have postponed purchase to a later date.
Future updates may well rectify these limitations and i am happy to wait but wish i had known beforehand.

1 Like