DC Designs F-15

Hi Jack, I will have a look on this on this afternoon. Great Idea.

Have a nice day.

If it have a final.cfg, it will be in this file.

Where are the typhoon files located? I canā€™t seem to find them I looked in community folder but no dice.

I tried turning it on in the final.flt file but still no dice :frowning:

Thanks Jack! Downloading 1.14i for 1.0.1 now!

Loving 1.01! Very satisfying! Worthy of a post 1.0 release!

Two ā€œcould be bettersā€ are the well known TAA HUD issue, which seems a bit better? Only an issue zoomed out? And the Canopy grime and scratches can be over the top in some lighting circumstances.

If anyone wants much less intense canopy scratches I have a file for it, but I havenā€™t packaged it up in any way. Youā€™ll have to replace the CANOPY_SCRATCHES.PNG.DDS in your dcdesigns-aircraft-f15\SimObjects\Airplanes\DCDesigns_F15C\TEXTURE.COMMON folder. Rename the original so you can get it back. Iā€™ll likely come up with 4k map so the scratches can be finer, more distinct from smudges and finger prints

This was made for the C, what I fly almost all the time. May work ok on the D,E,I, I havenā€™t tested it, but at a glance I donā€™t see one specific to the two seaters, so report back.

1 Like

TAA tearing happens at all zoom levels, but itā€™s much less noticeable close-up. We still donā€™t have a fix for that, and nor does Asobo, but I suspect that eventually Iā€™ll figure out a way around it. Folks have mentioned some success with tinkering with the panel.cfg HUD entries, but itā€™s not changed anything for me ( yet ).

As you posted afterward, if folks would like different scratches etc, the texture file can be replaced with another of the same name that you prefer.

I would need time to look at this more in detail. Maybe is what you say, the F15 hasnā€™t a Garmin installed so it has the basic autopilot functions: alt hold, VS hold, NAV mode and GPS mode. Most of the config files the EF typhoon has are based or pointed to b737i files and Also to the Aera GX from Icon A5.

Would it also be possible to replace the tinted glass? In some situations it is just too dark for me.

In VR if you want to move forward and backwards, hold the Alt Key down on the left side of the keyboard and then use the up and down arrows on your keyboard, you can move forward and back. You can even head all the way back in the back seat of the F15 E.

I donā€™t know how this is accomplished with an X box controller however.

How you move to the back seat in 2D, non VR I have no idea,. or how you adjust your seating for fore and aft.

Project Nostalgia

Hello everybody,

About the approach problem, I tried to change two settings in the approach.cfg file (like it is for the typhoon). Flightdirectory setting to true and GPSNav1 to true tooā€¦ Unfortunately, that doesnā€™t workā€¦

I will try others settings laterā€¦

Remember to do backups in case you need to get back.

In other words, any changes you make can have adverse effects on other areas and you may need to undo them.

It may still be happening at close up zooms, but seemed worse to me before at mid zooms. Looks fine to me now until all the way zoomed out and then itā€™s pretty unreadable. Ah, well, Asoboā€™s got a bugs list a hundred foot high, weā€™ll get a fix for it eventually.

I read somewhere that the sonic boom can be heard, is this true?

Best update ever.

Noticed F15E

1. Can not longer set alt and vs by keyboard/joystick buttons
  2. When using AP alt, does not display the alt set in the cockpit. Right hand lower panel
  3. External view doesnā€™t show Throttle %

These are not compliants, just trying to assist with bug finding.

Thanks again

Of course, I wrote all changesā€¦ thanks if you have others idea for which settings I will try, tell me.

About external UI throttle, a quick workaround would be just to copy cockpit.cfg from f15Cā€™s folder on F15E

1 Like

Thanks Jack, genius as always. I will try both later.

Will the key bindings operate the Alt adjust and VS again and does this fix the lack of AP alt set hight being displayed in the cockpit?

Sorry to ask.

Letā€™s see, I know that there has been a bug on the part of Xbox gaming services, which reset the custom profiles to the default ones, and therefore reset the key assignment. As of today, I can tell you that the reset problem is solved but you should check the keyboard and device profiles in the game options. On the other hand, the mod returns the behavior of the autopilot that was implemented in version 1.14i (which among other things corrects the oscillations), which I can confirm to have them perfectly working with my keys.

About the last question iā€™m not sure, you mean is displayed in the HUD or any other place?