DECEL is the First Waypoint

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No. (Xbox Series X)

Brief description of the issue:

Sometimes, after planning a flight on the World Map, upon loading the game the DECEL point becomes the very first waypoint in the FMC. This is incorrect, and if you use the aircraft (default Airbus A320neo) in Managed Speed mode, the plane will want to decelerate right during the climb phase. The only workaround currently is to use Selected Speed mode during the whole flight – easily done, of course, but it’s still a bug.

Also, in such cases the distance to the destination is incorrectly calculated in the Flight Plan, as can be seen on the screenshot below. Obviously, LEAL is not 35 NM from LHBP… This messes up the time/distance calculations in the Flight Plan, not to mention the altitudes at different waypoints.

Note: This doesn’t happen every time, but sometimes (in my experience, around 30-40% of my flights with the A320neo).

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Plan a flight on the World Map for the Airbus A320neo.
  2. Check the FMC after loading the flight to see where the DECEL point appears in the Flight Plan.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A (Xbox Series X with only the default controller)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.25.9.0 / 1.25.12.0

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I don’t think that this happened to me yet. Using default A320neo on Xbox one x. Will post if it happens to me as well.

It might depend on route, specific runways and/or departures. So far I haven’t managed to pinpoint the issue, this happens seemingly randomly to me as well. But if I fly the same route it is there every time.

Just flew Stuttgart - > Malta and have the following observation: DECEL did show up at the correct place (3 before last waypoint rwy31). It was listed in the VFR chart window and on the ND display. However it was not listed in the list of waypoints in the MCDU. Strange…

It is my understanding that Decel isn’t meant to show up in the MCDU as it isn’t a waypoint. It is a calculated reference point rather than a navigational aid.

The fact that it does show up at all in the OP’s example is pretty odd in of itself, on top of its position in the flight plan.

Thought I’d also add this here:

1 Like

@LongHaulSky Why did you take @dreampage bug report out of the bug report category and put it in this general non-bug thread?

@NixonRedgrave my mistake - now corrected with this being the primary thread for the issue going forward.

1 Like

yes

flight plan from EDDH to EDDK FL380

Usually happens when flying in Europe for whatever reason (likely just coincidence).

Create flight plan and select a departure

This is not really helpful. Your comment here suggests that this problem occurs for every possible flight plan and departure without fail.

If you can’t be specific in helping people being able to reproduce this bug, how do you expect it to get fixed? Is it really that difficult to provide an exact flight plan?

2 Likes

Ok just came across this same issue on the series X, EGCC/EGLL, Decel is inserted directly after i take off from Manchester was there any conclusion to this as it was last talked about back in July? My flight was using the LVFR A320 or A321 with high altitiude airways.
EGCC 23R,SANB1R to EGLL 27R,HON1H ALL at FL190.

It’s still an issue that happens sometimes, but I didn’t find it to be fully reproduceable. The same flight plan can sometimes work or not. DECEL can be circumvented by setting the proper speed on the autopilot, otherwise the plane will decelerate to the approach speed and never reach the proper climb/cruise performance. I guess it’s some legacy error in the default MSFS flight planning system. Doubtful if it will be ever fixed, as the system will probably not see any kind of overhaul until MSFS 2024 now. We’ll just have to live with it.

i have the same issue

For myself it was on XBOX serie S. On a flight from LFPG to LFMN by I suppose that it’s the same for a lot of other flight plan. It’s problematic to stay all the flight with the DES phase, and with a selected speed but not managed.

Exact same issue. Seems to happen at European SIDs more than others.

When it inserts the decel point, upon take-off it goes directly to approach mode. Try my flight plan in the screen shots usin high alituded airways and the SIDs, Star and approach.

2 Likes