Default 737 plane

Msfs do not give us new airliners. Wait for pmdg. Only in the next months we can get a dlc with helis! They talk about in a Interview.

There’s certainly no “need” for an aircraft that has been in several FS releases from the start.

Meanwhile, the 707, despite being a revolutionary kick-starter of the jet age, has never been added as a default aircraft in Flight Simulator.

But after seeing everyone’s obsession with the A320 on here, I guess the 707 is too much Flight Simulator and not enough Autopilot Simulator.

3 Likes

I agree, a study level 737 is probably the only thing that will keep me interested in a flight SIMULATOR in the long run. Arguably the most popular commercial airliner of all time, and it has been in every iteration of FS up until now, so yeah its weird it is not in fs2020.

For those saying the A320 fills the same role, by that logic there should only be one smaller prop aicraft and so on. What a silly arguement.

@SavySigma
Ironically enough it turns out that the most accurate simulation would be to actually use Autopilot (As you would in a modern airliner).
But I guess thats too realistic and not enough arcade-game stick flying.

1 Like

A 737 is must in a simulator.

5 Likes

God above is this now an Airbus vs Boeing thread?

Back on topic, check this out: https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/ihvl3z/737400_in_msfs/

I honestly don’t want Asobo to really make mainstream airliners, just complete the SDK as fast as they can.

Hate to burst your bubble but a default 737 will never come.You will have to wait for the PMDG 737 in a year perhaps. As much as I love the 737 unfortunately we will have to wait!

1 Like

You can pretty much forget it. Asobo is focusing on polishing the airliners we already have. It’s pretty silly to ask for new ones.

Whether other sims had a 737 or not is irrelevant. They didn’t have other aircraft that MSFS does.

with every update from pmdg, the date gets pushed further out – we’re now 4th quarter of 2021.

im starting to think a 50/50 chance of it ever happening at all is probably optimistic

1 Like

I think PMDG is waiting to see if this game survives. As much as I want it to I think it will be dead by this time next year.

They’re targeting Q3 2021 with a possibility to being pushed out to Q4. They want to make sure its a top notch product

right. but nobody will be surprised if the date moves even further out

an actual surprise would be that they’re ahead of schedule

Exactly, which we’ll hope for a great surprise

LOL. PMDG is simply waiting for an SDK update.

This sim will be alive and well next year and long beyond. Can’t say the same with the same degree of surety for competing products, considering how many 3rd party devs are jumping ship every week.

1 Like

Apparently PMDG has a 737 in the works but it’s a long way off before release.

As for the liveries look for the various livery master threads.

for me PMDG is the only 737 software I will take.

Well, that’s a question of licensing but MS is working on that as they mentioned in the last monthly live Q&A. They are talking to the airlines but in the current crisis the airlines have bigger problems than licensing their liveries to a new Sim. So be patient they are working on it :yum:

1 Like

It’s like getting spaghetti but without any noodles, a 737 is a must for any sim, of course.

1 Like

LOL not at all. This sim is incredible and getting better and better each month. everyone knows this is the future, it’ll just take some time to get as polished as the competing 15 year old products.

PMDG is actively developing for MSFS and working with/waiting on ASOBO for SDK updates.

Hi guys! Does anyone know something about the 737 in mfs2020 ?

737 is no doubt a must have in a sim like this I absolutely miss listening to the APU noise during pushback

1 Like