Default HUD setting for landing challenges & bush trip

During normal flight, I’m used to set the instrument HUD as minimal, since sometimes you just can’t read all the gauges while you can still have visual for outside view. This gives good immersion while also provides you all the essential information.

However for landing challenges & bush trip, you are not allowed to change the default setting. In cockpit camera, no HUD at all. I find this very annoying. For example, when doing landing challenges for 747, when you can see the PFD to mange the speed ans VS, you are just not able to align the runway visually. When you lift you camera up, then you lost the PFD numbers. If HUD can be set in cockpit camera, this would be very helpful.

You may use chase camera to do the landing, but really spoiled the immersion. Any idea how to solve this issue?

1 Like
How to turn off annoying HUD and unlock assistance options.

1 Go to
// ms store ver.

C:\Users\YourUsenNamer\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS

// steam ver.

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS

2 Backup folder ACTIVITIES

3 Open folder Activities > and your saved bush trip
for example MICROSOFT-BUSHTRIP-SWISS_SAVE

4 Open folder MICROSOFT-BUSHTRIP-SWISS_SAVE

IMPORTANT - open folder xxxxx_SAVE without numbers

5 Open with Notepad or Notepad++ file named MICROSOFT-BUSHTRIP-SWISS_SAVE.FLT

6 Under [Assistance] delete line

Preset=ASSISTANCE_PRESET_BUSH_TRIP

Save changes

Before

After

SAVE CHANGES

Launch msfs and fly safe capt!

Before

After

Source https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bush-trips-hud/472543/14

Thank you, but unfortunately I play on Xbox…

So add xbox tag.
Forum Tags & User Flairs - Community Support / Forum Guide - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Hi there,
For questions to the community, the best place to ask is in Community Support. I moved your thread there.