Deimos Mig29 Discussion Thread

:slightly_smiling_face::+1: alrightyy thennnn

1 Like

@DeimoS987 Something is weird because every time I try to take off with the MiG 29, it just goes nose heavy and ends up having the nose pulled to the ground. I’m not even touching the stick when it happens. If you can help me with this please reply soon.

Hey there!

Can’t say I’ve ever experienced this. Is it happening in other aircraft or fighter jets? Try adjusting your trim. Also make sure you have sufficient speed at takeoff - 160+ knots and keep flaps fully up after you takeoff.

If you’re still running into issues, it would be helpful to see a video.

Do you have anything that I can send the video to you with?

Out of curiousity are you using Legacy flight model? Because that sounds like exactly what happens with the new Darkstar using Legacy instead of Modern.

1 Like

What do you mean?

In your Options menu, does yours show this?

@DeimoS987 So basically on the ground (I don’t know why.) the MiG-29 just starts turning even though I am not pressing the buttons. It may not just be the MiG but I am pretty sure it is because some of my friends have the same problem.

Wind!?
That is very strange

Ok, so yea it was the wind. After deleting the wind layer it was solved thanks for the idea / thank you for helping.

Yep, and that is normal that with wind the plane is turning … you have to use pedals and rudder…

BTW … for updates regarding pc21, felon and mig29 i’ll wait the release of the SUX beta in order to solve potential new problem

Oh?

So that means G indicator is coming in August then?

Hmm…:unamused:

@DeimoS987

No … maybe i’ll upload it the 15th of this month

Hi @DeimoS987

The various autopilot buttons on left and right don’t show any status whether they are engaged or not.

Also how to disengage only heading mode without disengaging autopilot. I want to hold altitude but disengage heading mode so that I can manually steer after some time.

Is there any autopilot tutorial or guide?

It seems altitude hold mode also locks on to current heading (even with select heading off). The only way to manually steer is to disengage auto pilot but that also disengages altitude hold.

The autopilot is working as all the other autopilot in the game, if you go over the bottoms with the mouse you’ll have the indication of the status; btw, i’ll make the bottoms be illuminated.

To change heading set heading and turn the hdg selector

Sorry not known that Forum cannot be use to ask questions about the aircraft.

I just want to hold altitude, no nav mode, no heading select. The issue I see if I have only Autopilot on and hold altitude on (heading select off), still aircraft locks to current heading and not free to steer. If I try to steer the aircraft with my controller, it goes back to the locked heading. Don’t want to use heading select to steer aircraft.

Not sure if this is the way it was intended, but sure it would be more fun to fly around freely without worrying about altitude.

The sound feels somewhat flat and lackluster from the outside views especially chase cam.

@DeimoS987 Will you be upgrading the engine and AB sound effects? It sounds weak and flat compared to the other fighter jets and particularly compared to the actual Mig 29 Fulcrum.

1 Like

Hey heyyy I just updated my jet and the G indicator is now showing up. Thanks so much! Flying this thing is a lot more fun and predictable now.

Any other notable improvements with this update?

It still jiggles it’s rear with AP engaged at high altitudes, lol

Yep, sorry for delay… technical time…
Updates:

• new external textures; (interior one in the next update)

• new pilot (fully animated and now clicking on the yoke you can also fly with the body)

• new instruments cameras ( pilot views from different positions)

• litthe fix at the flight model