Delay implementation of DX12

By all accounts there is due another sim update release, 6, in mid September, and I believe its for Dx12, which would really only benefit the XBox users and the PC guys with top flight graphics cards. We all remember the issues P3D had when they introduced Dx12 !!. Can MS & Asobo delay this release please until you have addressed all the issues with the previous release.

12 Likes

Asobo hasn’t even confirmed that they will ever bring dx12 to the sim so…

Edit: it appears I was wrong (according to wishlist), although I myself have not heard them give absolute confirmation on dx12 via Q&A if anyone has that, that would be great.

1 Like

They are working on it. Check the feedback snapshot.

2 Likes

Make this votable! This is the most sensible post I’ve read on the forum in a week!!!

Hell yes. Delay any further feature updates and work through the bugs. Now rather than later.

4 Likes

They will, as they have before. SU5 was effectively time locked by the XBox release date.

1 Like

And fix the graphics on pc

9 Likes

They should stop scheduling updates for a specific day. Asobo, release them when they are finished and tested.

13 Likes

Yes, there is a very very need to fix this broken visuals.

4 Likes

DirectX12 is just a rendering system in use for all graphics cards since many years.
There will be no problem when switching to DX12 but only positive things like waaaaay better shading transparency illumination raytracing and so on, and another plus in performance without degrading any graphics-features.

It´s just switching to a moderner DirectX graphics interface for way more options to graphically enhance the flight sim in the future.

5 Likes

Don’t worry, like a lot of games there will likely be an option to use either. Also rest assured that performance will always be a priority. This has been stated specifically relating to xbox s.

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold my breath that they will not have issues migrating to DX12. Have you not seen the previous 5 SU? Personally, I wouldn’t hold my breath on any updates these guys release. Not one has gone off with issues. Now a couple were not bad but man, I will be super apprehensive when they release a DX12 update. :smile:

3 Likes

??? Yes they have…Microsoft Flight Simulator Planning to Go DirectX 12 In The Future – FSElite

1 Like

“Microsoft has confirmed that Flight Simulator will eventually transition to the DirectX 12 engine.”

Eventually, is far from meaning the next SU or even in the next 3 SUs.
Also OP said “By all accounts there is due another sim update release, 6, in mid September, and I believe its for Dx12” Not sure how this belief was obtained because it seems to be based on pure speculation.

1 Like

DX 11 is an interface from 2009, 12 years ago…

We were still using Geforce 9600 GT cards, Obama just got into office, and the
iPhone 3GS was the latest hit on the market.

Surely we can move on by now.

14 Likes

The thing is that this post/request is based on pure speculation… we have tons of actual concrete stuff right now to deal with lol.

Hey I’m with you man, as someone already said: “Release it when it’s ready”.

1 Like

My reply was based on your statement, that “Asobo never confirmed that Dx12 would even come to Fs2020” which is objectively speaking false. That’s all I said. It was confirmed multiple times.

3 Likes

Asobo has said so in a statement? Or is this all based on it being added to the wishlist?

Edit: because it being added to the wishlist is not confirmation. It’s called a wishlist for a reason.

Really? So we now have a ‘please go back to su4’ topic as well as a ‘don’t update the sim’ topic.

This game has never ever needed an update more then now ffs.

And to be honest, you don’t need that new of a gpu to suppert dx12. You can’t ask for a game developer to stop a features that only benefit higher end systems. They build games for the present & future. Not for the past.

It’s the high end systems in this case that suffers the most (as i believe reading this forum). People with lower end systems seem to be genuinely happy with the improved fps.

So, pleasy hurry with a new update. We need to be able to benefit from this new optimizations instead of playing a game designed for low spec pc’s & consoles.

1 Like

Multiple times. You should try watching some of the Q&A sessions. It was on the dev roadmap for “summer 2021” many months, which was likely intended to be SU5 and with the Xbox release (it’s already on DX12). But my guess is that they didn’t get it done in time. Likely SU6 inSeptember will see DX12.

It’s right there…

PS: This isn’t the “wishlist”. This is the actual dev roadmap of what IS coming.

6 Likes