Deleting Marketplace Content on One Installation, Automatically Deletes it on All Installations

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Deleting (uninstalling) an installed Marketplace item via the Content Manager on one device (Xbox and/or PC) uninstalls that item on any other device running the sim that had that item installed.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Install the MS Store version of the sim on two separate Xboxes and a PC. Install several of the same Marketplace Content items — free (eg. WUs) or paid, it does not matter
  2. Uninstall one of these Marketplace items on one of the installations (eg. uninstall WUII from one of the Xboxes)
  3. Launch the sim on the other two installations and note that the item deleted is now deleted on each of these installations (eg. WUII is uninstalled on the PC and the other Xbox)
  4. Note that the reverse is not happening — installing different Content Manager items on each of the installations does not automatically install them on all installations. The issue seems to only be happening when uninstalling items.

Example:
I have 2 Xbox Series X and 1 PC. I install the sim on all three of these devices. I install all the Marketplace Content I have purchased on all three of these devices. Let’s say I am running out of storage space on one of my Xboxes. I go to the Content Manager and delete a number of lesser-used airplanes/airports/WUs. I launch the sim on the other Xbox or my PC — all the content I removed from the first Xbox is now deleted from the second Xbox and PC.

Example:
I have 2 Xbox Series X and 1 PC. I install the sim on all three of these devices. I only install the WUs on the PC. I only install Carenado aircraft on Xbox 1. I only install 3rd party airports on Xbox 2. I launch the sim on PC — Carenado and 3rd party airports are not automatically installed there. I launch the sim on Xbox 1 — WUs and 3rd party airports are not automatically installed there. I launch the sim on Xbox 2 — WUs and Carenado aircraft are not automatically installed there.

This issue makes having a different installation on one or more of the devices extremely difficult — particularly during beta testing when trying various configurations or when uninstalling specific add-on content is desired or needed on a specific installation device.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU11 Beta

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

To add to this:

On PC, I can go to the Official/OneStore directory via File Explorer and delete/remove Marketplace items and the items will now be deleted on the PC, but the items will remain installed on the two Xboxes.

There, at least, is a workaround for PC — don’t uninstall content via Content Manager.

Unfortunately, I cannot go into the Reserved Space on the Xboxes and delete individual items this way.

Well now you’ve made me nervous :grinning: To my knowledge this is not happening to me. I have one X Box S and one PC and they have different installations and the last time I deleted a bunch of stuff from my XBS, the PC install remained unchanged. Mind you, I don’t often delete things but it sounds like you need technical zendesk assistance because its not supposed to work like that.

1 Like

When do you reckon this was?

I feel that the issue did not used to happen to me until I noticed it during SU11 beta. Prior to that, I believe it worked as you describe, because I recall altering my installations without their influencing one another.

Well, it has been quite a while. Remember when Asobo did something and X Boxes either would not load or took forever to load and the recommendation was to delete everything and start over? Thats when. It has been a while. My installs are very different though and I dont even start my X Box all that often.
I really don’t know but if you report to zendesk then maybe it will save everyone a lot of headache because that cannot be the way its supposed to be… it makes no sense.

Yes

Yep, it definitely uninstalls on both sides. However, installing that same item does not crossover between platforms.

Yes

The most recent World Update (Oceania) caused me to run out of storage space on my X Box Series S so I decided to delete as much of the previous world updates as I felt I could live without. It was at that time I discovered that deleting items via content manager on X Box does not actually gain you any space because it stays as ‘reserved space’.
But, to the point of this thread/bug, I just today discovered that what I deleted on my XBox S is now deleted off of my PC.
This ain’t right! I should be able to have different installs on different machines.

1 Like

This has been noted as fixed in the Sim Update 13 Beta. If anyone who previously experienced this issue is on the Beta build can you confirm? Thanks!

Closed as fixed in Sim Update 13: Release Notes - Sim Update 13 [1.34.16.0] Available Now