Detach ground services from ATC system

In real life it all goes through the ground crew through the coms link fixed to the front gear

Well part of it yes, the rest via dedicated ground handling VHF frequency, on small airport you might need to call “ready for boarding” or request fuel or de-icing via the tower frequency and they’ll relay it for you. I was at one of those airports today but its not standard and pushback instructions are obviously never passed to the tug driver via ATC, thats just stupid :joy::joy::joy:.

I think its very buggy at the moment
I nearly always do IFR flights & it often goes wrong after departure.

Often it mentions not to exceed 110 kts airspeed.Even though the flight is super long & if you then put it on autopilot it exceeds that airspeed & the notifications stops popping after a while
but its very annoying to nearly constantly have the warning pop up.

Often the game does not tell you to descend when approaching destination either,so you arrive at destination at a way too high altitude.

Rarely the flightplan is without much problems.But then on a recent flight it wasn’t able to recognize that I had landed,so I couldn’t taxi to parking or gate.
I think reloading might mess up the flightplan somehow.I usually save before landing. It didn’t recognize it even if I was cleared to land & reloaded it to let autopilot try.
But same results;landing not recognized.If its recognized it also often asks you to clear the runway. Because it doesn’t ,I assume it doesn’t recognize you have landed & that there are issues switching from “airborn” to “landed” mode.Neither does it show all the ground options if it fails to recognize you have landed.

Maybe the ATC system & ground system get mixed up somehow
I posted about this some while ago already in the topic to request improved AI traffic Improve AI Traffic at Airports and in The Air - #71 by TripsyTipsy

But in short,it feels like there are pathfinding issues during flights,as well as on the ground & transitioning between the two
Pathfinding issues resulting in certain phases not triggering during flights.
I also cancelled flight plan recently because I wasn’t instructed to descend at arrival & arrived at a way too high altitude & just kept circling the destination airport.
Then i let the AI handle communication & aircraft & then I was able to land if it resumed the IFR automatically.
But overall I think there are many pathfinding issues,also up in the air.
& also with the game not recognizing or being able to switch to ground mode after you have landed sometimes

Not sure if detaching is the solution. But it all needs to be in better sync

This really needs to be implemented or a third party add-on that does the same thing would be good aswell.

1 Like

As a real life pilot, the only time I’ve ever requested ground service actions is from the tower/ground for a Ground Power Unit to be waiting for me if my APU was unserviceable. Another one would be if you’ve declared an emergency and require the ‘services’.

1 Like