Development of sim skunk works LOCKHEED TF-FRF-104 G

Looks like someone did it and posted it to flightsim.to

4 Likes

Good! Anyway it will be inclued on base package on next releaseā€¦
(it was ready since first release,but I forgot to upload itā€¦)

4 Likes

Just uploaded this paint:
Clip_146 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Clip_148 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

7 Likes

This particular aircraft crashed during approach to land 03-MAR-1986 in Sardinia, Italy because of a engine fire.

Pilot Hptm Wolfgang Wild and passenger StUffz Thorsten FƤssler ejected to safety.

1 Like

Iā€™d prefer your version since the one on flightsim.to doesnā€™t have AB effects for whatever reason.

When can we expect the next release?

1 Like

Hi, will the problems of the disappearance of the sound and often also of the afterburner effect be solved in the next patch?

jk11105 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11113 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

7 Likes

So this airplane looks pretty great and I might well pick it up after the holidays. That said, someone please edit the title of this thread: the aircraft is/was the LOCKHEED TF-104G. The Lockheed F-104 first flew in 1954.

ā€œLockheed Martinā€ didnā€™t exist until the merger between Lockheed and Martin Marietta in 1995.

5 Likes

Hi there,

While doing island hopping between Canary Islands in the F-104, I found a graphics bug or glitch which has not been reported yet (to my knowledge):

In VP, when you lean forward and peer over the dashboard cover towards the nose, you can see the sky in front of you THROUGH the airframe - as if the lower part of the nose cone was made of glass.

Would it be possible to close those ā€œopeningsā€ (there are 3 of them, next to each other), in the next update?

Itā€™s not something very important, but once you know itā€™s there you canā€™t stop looking at it :slight_smile:

Itā€™s also visible in VR if you lean down and look under the upper instrument panel. 99% of the time you wonā€™t be doing this, but especially on earlier, low res headsets, sometimes you do need to lean in a bit to read the lower instruments, at which point you notice the gaps.

Looking forward to the next patch, as once all these little issues are fixed itā€™ll be one of my favourite addons for the sim so far!

Iā€™m just looking forward to the improved AB functionality because in its current state anything above ~93% rpm is in this grey area.

1 Like

Thanks all for your hints.

We are making final adjustments and tests,since we had a substancial list of things to adjust and improve. Today we will check again all the flight envelope,endurance,performance at all altitudes,fuel consumption,and all the other stuff. We made something like 50 corrections and improvements,so as you can see,it takes time.

Beside this,we made the decision since ā€œday zeroā€ of developing to leave a ā€œsilentā€ possibility to use autopilot.
Even if the panel is not there,like in the real one,you can use it with keyboard shortcuts.
Remember that altitude hold is not assigned by default. I suggest Ctrl+J for altitude hold.
If you have to change heading while on route,simply disengage autopilot and turn,then re-engage at the end of turn.
Also take note that is an ā€œeaster eggā€ so itā€™s limited in functions,but in a long trip it may be helpful.

Cheers,
Alessandro

7 Likes

Thanks, Alessandro. Looking forward to the update.

Good news! I also look forward to the updateā€¦

For me the F-104 is hands down the most enjoyable fighter in FS2020. I love the sheer power and the fact that landings are fast and super challenging.

The perfect plane for VR in combination with the butt kicker. Total immersion :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Have the files been sent to Asobo so XBOX players can purchase this? Do you have plans for it to be on xbox at all

So this will make its way to xbox marketplace correct?

hoping to upload these over the next few days
jk11386 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

nl006 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11311 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

7 Likes

Great repaint, I love the metallic ones ā€¦ especially the TF of the EjĆ©rcito del Aire.

Very nice, Japanese or Belgian camo liveries would be cool!