Development of sim skunk works LOCKHEED TF-FRF-104 G

Hi Joe !
I have found the Smoke issue after spending a few hours removing and reinserting sceneries into my msfs 2020 Community folder !
It was caused by this file :
fsdg-glx_aa . Inside this folder there is a Visual effects lib. and into that there is an entry : Engine Smoke.spb !
I disable it and my issue was Solved !
Now i am not sure whether or not it will create any other problems ( Or lose any effects ). This was included in an FSDG Addon !!

2 Likes

Hello Tomcat .
Pls see above entry concerning the issue that i had with my F-104 !!

1 Like

Interesting, will have a look tomorrow.

1 Like

Interesting.

As written, in my case it went away just removing the Connie folder, nothing more.

So maybe in the Connie version I had installed there’s the file you identified
??

1 Like

Most probably yes !
I have just sent an email to FSDG and they are trying to solve my issue !

1 Like

Since you are evaluating I wanted to express my interest in buying your planes from the XBOX platform.

Not sure if that’s worth anything, as I sadly know porting a product to xbox is not as easy as it seems

1 Like

Dear all,
We are happy to announce that our TF’s is available on the MSFS Markeplace.
We are on final with G-91 update,and while working on this we are also “hands on” on the single seater.
Stay tuned!

8 Likes

Im so happy the development team is continuing. The starfighter is amazing.

I have a question, what are the easter eggs all about in the fuel menu?
In other words, where can I find these values :smiley:

All the features of the TF are available using the external configurator.
In a next future,the TF will benefit (like the G-91 updated,on short final for release,and the single seater) of a kneeboard tablet-style menu,so you will not have to launch it from outside the simulator.

10 Likes

Sorry for the perhaps dumb question: I understand that the TF-104 is the trainer version (two seats) of the upcoming T-104 (single seater). The TF-104 is now in the in-game marketplace, whereas the T-104 is “95% complete” (and who knows how long it will take until it will also be in the marketplace ;)).

So my question is essentially: “Is it worth waiting for the T-104”?

To give you some background about my expectations:

• I don’t care about “visual weapons systems”, so even if the upcoming T-104 (sold outside of the ingame marketplace) would have the option to toggle external weapon systems (visually) that is not an important point for me (especially given that I am only purchasing on the ingame marketplace anyway)
  • I don’t care so much whether the aircraft has one or two seats (in fact, I slightly prefer the two seaters - “looks cooler” ;))

But I wonder (and that is something that can probably only be answered by Sim Skunk Works themselves): will the upcoming T-104 be a “completely new development”, with a new flight model, more functionality, more working systems? Or will it rather be a “completion” for the “airplane collector enthusiast” who simply wants to have “the real thing” (= single seater) and will essentially work as the existing TF-104 (more or less same degree of “simulated cockpit systems”, same flight model etc.)?

Or again: shall I wait for the T-104? :wink:

1 Like

I believe the F-104 will have some weapons functionality in the cockpit and displayed below the wings, so worth waiting for if that is what you want (and it’s confirmed by SSW)
but it’s unlikely a Marketplace variant will have that so best bought from an independent retailer.
Which TBH is what I would recommend for all aircraft if possible, for many reasons

2 Likes

I’m aware of the stuck throttle issue, but has anyone also had a problem with the spoilers being stuck in the open position? It seems to be the case with some or most of the paint schemes.

NOTE: Spoiler switch on the throttle is in the “IN” position.

Strange
 no problem here
 ?

BTW, my copy was purchased from the MSFS Marketplace.

An interesting documentation about the Starfighter in the German airforce:

1 Like

Hi,
i purchased the 104 a week ago and i don’t understand why my controls are visually inverted.

I also don’t have access to the manual, where i can find it?

I guess we just found the reason why the T-104 was also called the “widow maker” :wink: Okay, excuse my dark humour, I’ll show myself out

Without having purchased (yet ;)) the TF-104 myself: the documentation is usually found within the installation directory of the aircraft, which itself is located in either the “Community” or “Official” package folder (depending on where you purchased the aircaft: within the in-game marketplace or elsewhere - and also depending on where you bought MSFS itself, that is MS App Store or Steam ;)).

As an example, this is where the G.91 handbook (also by Sim Skunk Works) is located for me:

C:\Users\My Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\simskunkworks-aircraft-g91\Docs

That is, for:

• MSFS purchased on Steam ( → 
\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\ - note: the “AppData” is “hidden” by default → make it visible in the File Explorer, by “Show Hidden Files”)
  • G.91 purchased in the in-game Marketplace ( → 
\Packages\Official\Steam\simskunkworks-aircraft-g91)

How to locate the installation folder with other combinations (MSFS purchased on the MS App Store, TF-104 purchased elsewhere, 
) is left as an exercise to the dear reader :wink: But you get the idea now
 for instance you may have to look in the Community subfolder instead of the Official subfolder.

UPDATE: Oh, and for the record: the documentation for the TF-104 is indeed at the expected location, for me that would be:

C:\Users\My User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\simskunkworks-aircraft-tf104g\Docs

And the controls work just as expected (not reversed), too :wink:

This airplane is absolutely crazy badass! I like it! Saw a few documenations today about it, especially its role in the German airforce and why it was really called “the widow maker” (one docu linked above).

In fact, I totally understand why pilots say “go just one inch above the specified flight envelope and your next destination will be the graveyard”: I climbed like crazy (going full afterburner, of course ;)) and all of a sudden the aircraft started shaking and waving and I went like a rocket - but nose pointed downwards :wink:

Here is my glorious first take-off at rainy Ramstein (ETAR) base (Germany):

Oh, and the tailhook - don’t ask :wink: (I couldn’t figure out just yet how to retract it again).

UPDATE: Also have a look at the entire “flight analysis” :wink:

There is a keybind option in the control menu options of the sim :wink:

1 Like

I usually like all aircrafts in a clean and light config. But even with pylons and tip tanks this thing looks like a beast.

2 Likes

Hi,I don’t know if we have just talked on helpdesk with you.
Anyway,check if you are flying on “LEGACY” or “MODERN” under your simulator preferences.
If you have “LEGACY” instead of " MODERN" flight model does not work properly.

1 Like

Hi there,
Just making acquaintance with my brand new TF-104 purchased yesterday on the sim marketplace.

I noticed something unusual when refueling.

The EPU isn’t what it should be.
Something’s definitively missing in the package.