Development of sim skunk works LOCKHEED TF-FRF-104 G

Believe the F will have more ordnance and a gun-sight, hope I’m right…

Basically yes

1 Like

One or two cockpits (in tandem).

1 Like

I love the TF-104 and currently doing most of my flying i northern Norway where the 104 was used during the cold war until the F-16 replaced it in the early eighties. I guess I will buy the single-seater also :slight_smile:

hello
I live near Lipx
home of the third flock that had Rf104G supplied and I am very sorry not to be able to have it for Xbox, as well as the G91
we hope to see them in the future
very good work

1 Like

Last I read, they were not planning on including weapons/ordinance loadouts because of the marketplace rules. That is kind of disappointing tbh. I have the TF104 which is excellent…but I am trying very hard to find a justification for buying the single seater right now.

1 Like

So apparently the single seater is out now! I happened to go on Simmarket and there it is. Buying now!

1 Like

still need the external app, or is all done ingame on the tablet now?
looks like theres a tablet now.

When will we get the in-cockpit configuration screen for the TF then? I see the new F already has it.

1 Like

This one has a knee board so no more external apps. Considering it and the G.91 now have kneeboards, I’d imagine the TF will be getting it too. I’m pretty sure the devs have said as much.

3 Likes

Oh great! That had stopped me from getting the previous one.

2 Likes

It’s well done and certainly is much more convenient than launching an external application. The plane itself is of the same quality as the TF and I’d say there’s some improvements to the sounds and visuals though I may have just been excited. With this version there are different options for ejection seats as well as the MAP / Consortium versions. There are no weapons, I know people were asking but the manual states they were left out in order for marketplace compatibility reasons.

1 Like

Talking of which (the marketplace): any news from the developer about the TF and especially G91 updates on the marketplace?

Now that the new single-seater is apparently available (even if only on some external market) I was hoping that the updates for the former aircraft would become available in the in-game marketplace more or less at the same time. But according to yesterday’s development update that is not the case?

The last “should be close very to be available” remark from the developer (in the G91 forum thread) is now a couple of weeks old…

So did anyone gather some information about the update availability elsewhere perhaps? Any word out there?

They actually JUST posted on Facebook a few minutes ago that they’re only releasing through SimMarket and MSFS Marketplace at this time because of piracy. Said they’re not releasing to anybody that doesn’t have DRM.

Yeah - but when (updates)? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I’m going to pass just out of principle on this point. Do I need to see weapons? No…. but I would like the option (the single seater was a frontline aircraft designed for one purpose). I get it … it takes more effort to maintain a marketplace version alongside an externally sold variant but I don’t like the way that the Marketplace policy is spilling outside it’s walls. I’m just waiting for a B17 to be released without any guns visible and no bomb load…. or a Lancaster with the same restrictions. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

It’s available on SimMarket now.

Well, thanks. But first off all, I was asking for the updates of the existing Starfighter TF and G.91 (admittedly somewhat off-topic), and most importantly I was asking for the updates for the in-game marketplace, and if anyone heard anything about those updates.

Because (to bring this question a bit closer to this topic, about the new single seater Starfighter) I was hoping that those updates would hit the in-game marketplace more or less at the same time the single seater would become available. And the marketplace udpate for the G.91 has been announced to be “close to be available” in February 2022 already… not to mention that other aircraft have made their appearance on the in-game marketplace and even received their first updates in the meantime.

1 Like

I’m struggling with this one. I like the look of the FRF a lot, and love the work SSW does, but I don’t know how much I’d really benefit from having this since I already have the two-seater :thinking:

1 Like

Honestly, unless you’re dead set on wanting a single seater… you can skip it.

I picked it up since I like the single seater look a bit more than the two-seater, but it’s pretty much the same. They added the kneeboard instead of the seperate configuration thing, there’s a few things switched around in the cockpit and… that’s about it. That said, this package makes a lot of sense for new buyers, as it’s cheaper than the TF104.

2 Likes