Development of sim skunk works LOCKHEED TF-FRF-104 G

guys look forward to the xbox version, also the G91 please… bye bye

The 104 is my favorite plane of all time so it was a no brainer to buy it, but I could see why people may see it as redundant. The P3D version was my most used addon and it do devote a lot of time to it here too, so it’s money well spent for me. The lack of weapons is unfortunate though, since the g.91 has them and they worked quite well.

Doesn’t the single seater also have an AP?

I did see something about an AP in the documents but I was pressed for time so I had to settle for a quick flight around edwards.

Correct, it’s on the left hand side of the cockpit. It’s got heading, nav and altitude hold settings. Though I personally haven’t tried it yet. You buy an F104 to enjoy the… thrilling handling after all :smiley:

EDIT:

OK, I’m going to help out other buyers who might run into a little quirk.

When I flew it yesterday, I had no ejection seat - they were invisible/missing in both the external model and virtual cockpit. The kneeboard also didn’t read the correct airframe (Consortium or MAP).

I emailed with Mario this morning. Turns out, if you’ve got a custom ATC callsign set, it causes problems reading the airframe type - which in turn means it won’t know what seat to show. Hence the missing seat. After removing the ATC callsign… I’ve now got a proper seat to sit on.

1 Like

hello,
i can confirm that changing the ATC ID mess up the airframe recognition by software.
A quick fix is to clear the TAIL NUMBER
World Map-> click on aircraft thumbnail>
CUSTOMIZATION → clear TAIL NUMBER
We are now changing the logic in order to unlink airframe recognition from ATC ID,
so a new version is coming after a user feedback collect.
/SSW

2 Likes

hello i ask directly to you
timing to see G91 and 104 on xbox?
in any case, congratulations for the splendid planes
hi

Won’t be so soon, due to some external factors, WASM modules currently do not work on XBOX. Since our product depends heavily on WASM to function correctly, we have to wait until WASM functionality is unblocked on XBOX,
/SSW

1 Like

Many tks for info

I have bought via SimMarket the single seat version (already had the 2 seat version). Unfortunately, the plane causes a CTD. Not only with the Starfighter, but ALL planes when I want to fly from an airport. I tried it three times, but no avail. So, I uninstalled it. Because if not, I could not fly anymore. Am I the only one having this strange CTD?

1 Like

Disclaimer: I have no issues with the 104, I love it.

I have been having CTD issues similar to yours where a plane would work on the first load and never again after until I deleted the content.xml file or the other app data files for the plane. I found that if I loaded a default plane, edited the sim, and reloaded it I would be able to load the addon plane again. I found that this was happening to several addons, so I figured something bad found it’s way into my community folder. I started removing recently installed addons from my community folder until the crashes stopped, and for me it was one of two freeware helicopters, or a repaint for them. You may want to sort your community folder by date and start moving newer stuff into a backup folder and see if things improve.

1 Like

Thank you. I will try this.

I was having CTDs with the TF-104G and some other add-ons. The symptom was an NTLDLL.dll error in the event logger. The procedure described here worked for me. I’ve had to do this a few times in the past months (often after an MSFS update) since something seems to occasionally corrupt my Windows install:

1 Like

Two seater half-price at Orbx if you haven’t got it yet…

will the Two seater be updated with the kneeboard and get rid of the external app anytime soon?

3 Likes

SIM SKUNK WORKS version 1.1 has been uploaded to vendors:

• Just Flight
  • Aerosoft
  • Orbx
    soon will be available
    Also version 1.0 on SimMarket has been updated to 1.1
    CHANGELOG:
  • Fixed a bug that prevented user to customize TAIL NUMBER
  • Updated frf104g_hints.pdf
  • Turkish roundel added to kneeboard
  • Painters that want add liveries should read the frf104g_hints.pdf at page 16 “BARCODES”
5 Likes

Hello,
yes we are working on it
/SSW

8 Likes

Out of Curiosity, what does the Tablet/Kneeboard all feature?

hello,

• it lets you load external tanks and refuel
  • to load INS flight plan files
  • and more…
3 Likes

Hi phobos8287, I followed your advice, and loo and behold: it worked! Thank you.

Update:
I have donwloaded the latest version (v. 1.1.0) and alas, same problem all over again. And this time deleting the content.xml file does not work anymore.