Development of sim skunk works LOCKHEED TF-FRF-104 G

cool. thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

tf hasn’t autopilot, so must be just a little different, but i think it’s should works same way, ah:) and tf have another cockpit, so i really don’t know, and curious too
 but i think this universal, has all for tf and frf

before overwrite doesn’t remember old file size, but looks like same as frf just a bit bigger than new, so must works
 and i think if there was a different files, creator would did sent two of them
 so my guess 999 chances form 1000 the file is universal:)

Hello,
just FRF, TF is ok
/Mario

1 Like

lol i does update both:) will verify files on orbx:) hehehe
p.s. done. original size of sound.xml back
 every time do something before wait info what i have to do:)

Is the frf getting updated so we don’t have to keep downloading a separate sound file if it’s re installed in the future?

1 Like

Nice video of the Norwegian TF 104 WristyLawyer204, it sure looks mean in that dark camo with grey belly. I am still not able to see the pilots helmet from the co pilot seat. I think it has something to do with the camera views. So many choices in camera settings. Made the helmet appear when trying different view combinations but helmet always disappears. Still enjoying both models. I like to see the pilot helmet for video making purposes. Anyone have any ideas? Such a fan of SSW for a long time I find myself waking up at all hours to research little glitches and problems. I am sure it is not all developer related and I am always striving for perfection.
Thanks again for these great aircraft SSW.

Thank you for the latest updates.
I added 3 new liveries via Flightsim.to.

10 Likes

Hi all.
I haven’t flown this fantastic rendition of the 104G much because the aileron inputs are reversed
joystick left
aircraft banks right.
The animations for the ailerons are correct.
So to fly the Starfighter I have to reverse the aileron inputs in the controls menu before flight
then the aileron animations are incorrect.
I have the TF version and was hoping the latest update might have corrected this problem for me 
but no still the same.
I’m using a Thrustmaster T.1600m jorstick and do not have any problems with any other aircraft.
Hope there’s a cure?
Cheers

top work as always.

1 Like

Just little curiosity:

On FRF and TF I often use the chrono for VFR navigation and I noticed that as soon as chrono minutes needle reaches 15 min, it jumps back to 0 and restarts from there. And again.

Any one else experiencing this?

Thank you and enjoy the starfighter!:airplane::top:

Hello,
Will take a look to the code, but i suspect is a normal behaviour
ciao
/Mario

1 Like

SSW announces SIAI Marchetti SF 260 prop trainer development:

4 Likes

Nice to hear of the SIAI Marchetti aircraft development. I wanted to report back that I now can see the pilot helmet again when in the copilot seat. Anticipating the 40th anniversary release I decided to switch from the beta and using dx12 back to the public release. I also noticed in the TF-104 manual it clearly states that you must use the dropdown menu to swap between the pilot and copilot views also stating not to use zoom as it will not give the desired effect. I did initially have a Hotas key that worked to swap positions but I obviously changed a view in my X-52 Pro profile which made the pilot helmet appear for a fraction of a second and then disappear.
I did reinstall the game and put my installed packages to a separate drive as always. I did not have to do a reset of the app.
I am now to concerned to input a key on the Hotas to switch to the copilot view so I won’t break things again. I have noticed that there doesn’t appear to be a default keyboard command for copilot view.
I will use the dropdown menu in game to switch positions as I have it working again. Could there be a possible fix for this in the future on the TF-104? I would really like to switch the positions from the Hotas or keyboard but I will stick to the must use dropdown menu in game to avoid any more conflict.
Sorry for the long explanation but I am just happy to see the pilot at the controls again.
Thanks for this great aircraft and will certainly watch for any SSW aircraft development in the future.

Please do some more old jets would like to see someone do a better version of the F14 aswell, but I’m sure guys would do a great job on any military jets though :+1:

Hello,
checked the code, yes there was a typo.
If you want get ride of error download:

an overwrite on:
\simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g\SimObjects\Airplanes\simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g\panel\gauges
and/or
\simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g\SimObjects\Airplanes\simskunkworks-aircraft-tf104g\panel\gauges
apologize for inconvenience.
/SSW

2 Likes

Lockheed T-33 A is on our next plan, not yet announced however.
/SSW

11 Likes

Excellent news, can’t have too many old jets :slight_smile:

1 Like

Talk about, ‘The Crowded Sky’
 great news.

Excellent, thank you!:wink::airplane:

you just made my day! Really looking forward to that!
The repaint possibilities are endless too!

2 Likes