DG Aviation LS8-18

Known Issues: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016027399-KNOWN-ISSUES-Last-update-November-17th-2022-

Please use this thread to post your impressions and feedback about the DG Aviation LS8-18 and DG-1001E neo.

If you have any bugs related to this plane to report, please create a new thread in the Bugs & Issues section of the forum.

Is it just me or can we not turn off the vario sound ? I assigned a key for it but pressing it does nothing at all.

Is there any possibility to taxi from the parking-area to the runway after starting the plane cold 'n dark?

If not, why are we able to start there?

1 Like

There’s probably no mechanism in place in the sim to check what kind of aircraft you’re in before you spawn in a parking area to disallow you from starting somewhere you “shouldn’t.”

Taxi? In a glider?

1 Like
if (m_plane == glider)
{
   m_spawn.parking.possible = false;
}
else
{
   m_spawn.parking.possible = true;
}

What is so difficult on this?

What is so difficult to just… not spawn it in a parking space?

2 Likes

It is possible to spawn on a parking spot.
So the logical question is:

HOW TO TAXI???

Not possible sorry

I imagine you can also spawn the Spruce Goose on a parking ramp and be stuck high and dry, but you don’t see anyone complaining about it.

3 Likes

It is easy, but as we have the possibility, why not?
And why not ask?

Because then there’s no way to taxi, obviously.

Some wrong placed text:

1 Like

Wonderful. I managed somehow to disconnect the tow sitting on the runway, only to see the tow plane disappear into the distance. (I may need lessons) :smile:

2 Likes

Asobo should have included some kind of tutorial IMO.

there is for gliders but I havent seen one for helicopters unless I have missed it.

There are gliding training lessons in SU11.
Ineed well worth completing them all

6 Likes

Some kind of a written (!!) manual for all(!) planes would have helped a lot.

As the XBox-guys can not have a look in the aircraft folder, they could have set up a website wher we can download the pdf files or have a look into them.

probably worth suggesting we don’t use this thread for discussion of the weather / CFD visualisation in the 40th anniversary update as that is a whole complex topic quite separate from the LS8 and DG1001 gliders. I only mention that because that was my immediate temptation when I saw the green streamers in the @EPPRglider81 link.

There is a little, but visible 3d model glitch with ballast levers - 2 black parts of them don’t move with the levers (i marked them with green circles) - they are quite easy to spot in VR as they magically float in air:

Indeed definately weather/it’s visualization are separate phenomena from given glider type :slight_smile: BTW this is just a static picture that Asobo used for glider training.