Did they forget the SDK update?

I just installed SU4 and downloaded the SDK. To my surprise it’s still the 0.12 version. Has this happened to anyone else? Are they releasing it at another time?

Thanks.

1 Like

It appears so. I’m interested in the Visual Effects Editor section but contrary to what was mentioned in the Release Notes, it’s still empty.

5 Likes

Definitely! First thing I wanted to check out.

Wasn’t a newer SDK build available for me either.

It looks like they unlocked Visual Effects Editor but forgot about documentation. And without docs, it looks a bit complicated.

Maybe the person in charge of the documentation was not aware of the release of this function :cold_face:
It’s not like we haven’t been waiting for this feature for several weeks …

The SDK should be released sometime today (Wednesday).

-Matt | Working Title

5 Likes

I get a “1 fail” when I try to compile. This happens in not only a new location I made, but also in one I made 2 weeks ago that compiles successfully back then, now that same source file gives me a “1 fail” when it dud not before. It cannot find the original source folder.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, guys!

MSFS Immersion confirmed!!! :sweat_smile:
Yeah, i hope you guys can work on that as soon as possible.

Cheers, Sandro

I got the same when I used the fspackagetool but did not get any error message when I built the scenery from inside the SDK (0.12). I think the error is related to scenery being visible in the content manager.

Hi All,
Same for me, no update to SDK 0.12, or documentation, at time of posting.
No issues compiling through the user interface.
Things feel a lot smoother after this update.

Will the new SDK give some information on the use of the Coherent Debugger.

Currently, using Chrome , the style/formatting is terrible.
Safari on Windows (no longer supported) only shows main menu.

Is the coherent degugger.exe available for distribution ?
(one would assume this works better as far as formatting is concerned)

1 Like

The Coherent GT Debugger executable will indeed be included in the SDK release. WT, Asobo, and MS worked with Coherent to get the go ahead to include the inspector library in the retail release and publish the debugger executable as part of the SDK.

As far as documentation goes, I don’t know that there will be much, but if you’ve used Chrome devtools before it won’t be a difficult jump. The debugger isn’t exceptionally polished (being not a ton more than the WebKit inspector compiled as an EXE), but it gets the job done for sure.

-Matt | Working Title

2 Likes

Thank you – Good news.

I suspect WT had a lot to do with getting the debugger incorporated directly into MSFS on this update.
Thank You …:slight_smile:

2 Likes

This sounds fantastic. Do you mind if I ask if contains the performance profiling tab as well?

1 Like

yep no sdk update here :sob:

It will include the performance timeline as well, yes, and we are also working with Coherent on the memory profiling features, which don’t totally show up properly yet.

-Matt | Working Title

2 Likes

That’s absolutely fantastic. That’ll make tinkering with the CJ4 that much easier, although no debugger can (as of today) cure my incompetence. :wink:

Thanks for letting us know, Matt. Hope you’re having a good day!

1 Like

I have installed SDK version 12, and see no sign of the coherent debugger program debugger.exe ?

ref
https://coherent-labs.com/Documentation/cpp-gt/dd/d68/debugging.html