Did this update fix anything?

Spikes are gone at Aspen and Leadville. Water mask is better still not good but better.

I get a lot of those transparent stripes in the terrain… On mountains and flat ground. Only started a couple updates ago, apparently it’s still an issue.

Yeah it’s just the spikes that are fixed, that’s all that was supposed to be fixed though.

Has the VNav button on 747 been activated on this version. Many thanks if anyone knows! I am downloading but my Internet is like a snail with walking sticks, so it could be a while until I can play!

Just fired up, and noticed this too.

Nothing yet on the lights and starter buttons issue for the alpha yoke?? Really? And that you call “collaboration”!?
What is the point of buying a product if you can’t use All of it…
■■■■ newbies into FS… great eye candy , stupidly low profile flight GAME…
It is really destroying what Microsoft Flight Simulator used to be. A simulator and not a game

1 Like

There is a lot you can use.

There’s also a lot of complexity in a 747 electronics that would not even fit in your PC.

So what do you call “All” ? All the world is in this game and I’ve a lot of fun flying it… looking forward to get up fired again… 18.24 of 24.52 gigs and counting…

Eye candy and flying c172 are great
But don’t say you are partner with honeycomb and can’t make their product to work in your game

Don’t tell me full ifr simulator if it’s not true
Tell me is a wip and I’ll accept it and buy it either way
But it is not a simulator… as it was in the past lost its charm

1 Like

Yes it fixed a ton of things

Go on vatsim or ivao and you will have no more problem with ATC !

I take it you never used any of the other SIMs at launch? If you haven’t, every SIM that has launched has been through this journey. Things will get better with time. If you have, stop trolling!

3 Likes

Absolutely it did! The office blocks on every farm are gone! This is FANTASTIC!!!

2 Likes

Not talking about the sim itself
Talking about the bugs on heading and alt increments when using the alpha yoke
They said it would be fixed on this release
Apparently not
It’s like politicians . Promises and eye candy for the people

And yes
Being flying Sims since FS98 and flying g in Rl since 2000

Just checked with La Gomera airport. There’s still water flowing up the cliffs.

On the other hand: the new mesh in the UK is really good. Not perfect, but I checked a few of the best known areas in the South and West. White Cliffs of Dover and Sevens Sisters look fine (although they don’t appear high enough). South Downs are finally real hills. Keynance Cove looks nice. Isle of Portland is quite beautiful. Lulworth and Jurrassic Coast also work out fine. My personal favourite: Bedruthan Step. Very close to the real thing.

The only thing I didn’t like is photogrammetry of Portsmouth. HMS Warrior and HMS Victory are both unrecognisable and HMS Warrior is also sunk at anchor … I’m sure someone will fix that shortly

In addition I also got the distinct impression that the mountains in the Alps and the Canary Islands meshs have improved. Could be wishful thinking but I’m reasonably sure. :slight_smile:
All in all I’m quite satisfied with this update. Thanks Asobo.

1 Like

What is an office block?

Hi not sure if this will help you but has resolved for me.

I was using nvidia control panel msfs programme setting (not global),

nvidia control panel max frame to 30fps

fixed refresh rate (instead of gsync)

Verticle sync set to (adaptive half refresh rate)

In game vsync set on to (60)

Before update was working fine, after update lots of tearing.

So fix I found, use nvidia profile inspector, search Microsoft flight simulator, and change vertical sync tear control from (adaptive) to (standard).

Hope this helps anyone.

They must of fixed the In game Vsync clashing with the nvidia control panel vsync.

Previously set vsync on in nvidia control panel and in game vsync off but fps would still go over my monitor refresh rate 60hz / fps.

But now it work so must be the reason.

Clouds and spikes are better. ATC is going haywire because all AI planes are above or below their assigned alt. Frame rates much better.

Pretty nice performance increase here. Not limited by main core any longer. Overall just feels smoother. Immediately noticeable.

Yes. I just made a night flight over rural Michigan and night lighting seems to be 100% improved. I could see highways extending for 60 miles at 2000’. Country roads had appropriate lighting and the cities look much better. It looks like a lot more radio towers have red lights on them. The city lighting from aloft looks much better. Even though my oculus rift s is pretty blurry at a distance, I see where it’s going with the night lighting.

Thanks for this, performance increase for me but with tearing going to try your solution later after work.:wink: