Different Prices in marketplace

i bought via steam, and the prices in marketplace are very different for who purchased via microsoft store… why this? I’ve just confirmed this with my friend that bought via MS (i get it via steam and prices for me is so much highter in marketplace .i had intention to buy denver and some orbx…but i did disapointed)…some help please

4 Likes

The price on the Microsoft store appears to be the same as it is on steam. Are you referring to the game being cheaper as a part of the Xbox game pass?

Is it possible the price is appearing on your computer as something other than US dollars? I’d noticed that on my computer, sometimes the price comes up as “USD” but other times as “VC”, whatever that is.

Forgiveness for not being 100% clear, my English is not fluent.
So I have a friends that purcharsed Flight simulator via steam and another’s via microsoft store …that simulator price is the same but marketplace content have price divergence …
We all live in the same country, same currency, so the value was to be the same (addons within the marketplace)
But I realized that those who bought through the microsoft store, the value of add-ons are lower compared to those who bought via steam!
imgur . com/a/no7UrJw

4 Likes

I noticed the same. The Brazilian version has different prices depending on if you purchased on the MSStore or on Steam. Is it supposed to be like that? @moderators @MSFSCommunityTeam

Thanks In advance

1 Like

Mine has switched from USD to VC a few times over the last couple days. Haven’t been able to buy anything yet - just shows “Purchase Pending”…

these things were not supposed to happen, so it’s a mistake and Microsoft is checking?

If you bought from Microsoft Store, the price is ajusted to the country purchasing power, while on Steam is just a conversion from USD to the currency. I hope they fix it on Steam, because here in Brazil we don’t have the same economy as in United States and other developed countries, and people won’t pay almost 20% of their monthly salary on a Carenado C182, while in the US it costs only 3 to 4% of their monthly salary.

1 Like

VC is virtual currency. But I am not sure why prices are wrong or why some people cannot complete purchases.

I’ve noticed the same. The marketplace of people that bought through MSStore has some sort of regional pricing, but the Steam users are getting a straight out conversion from dollars.

We should report to Zendesk so they can fix it. They should take in account the country of steam users.

“We should report to Zendesk so they can fix it” => How do you do that ?

I can’t include links, but search on Google for “Flight Simulator Zendesk” and click on “Submit a Request” on the top right corner of the website.

No game pass, i’m referring about content into MARKETPLACE.

Not VC but BRL (the same thing US Dollar in US, EU$ in Europe…etc)
Forget the “local currency symbol”, but note the difference between the two prices
i can’t past Link on here, but check it imgur . com/a/no7UrJw

That’s what I don’t understand, MARKETPLACE is from microsoft, not steam. The marketplace is inside MSFS, not steam. Everything INTO “Marketplace” supposed to have the same price, look
i’m not telling about MSFS price but addons(like airports, landmarks, airplanes, etc) into marketplace INTO Msfs

Same here! I’m also from Brazil and princing IS different between the Marketplace of the Steam version and Microsoft Store version. This is unacceptable!

Proof:

Microsoft Version

Steam Version

The difference is huge, I really can’t believe this.

4 Likes

this is sad! shouldn’t happens
or at least let us know explicitly before buying on steam. But I believe that’s it is a mistake

I have xbox game pass and marketplace prices waaay too low compared to ms store.

I just sent a ticket to Zendesk. Anyone did the same? Any answers?

1 Like

Me too!
waiting for answers
(yersterday was release another scenery from Gaya (LOWZ), and one more time “price divergences” between steam users and MS store users…i understand completely the steam gain $$ but +61% around it’s a lot profit money…If this is the “problem”)