Disappointed in Sim Update 5

They had to address that people could not download or start the game.
No mention of graphics improvement for PC???

6 Likes

It’s a start, but a lot of the big issues are still missing (I see nothing about PC graphics downgrades). Can we please get a toggle for the white dot for controller users with this hotfix?

5 Likes

For all of you nice folks with monster PC’s bump up TerrainLOD factor in UserCfg.opt
You can bump this number up to 10 or more, just experiment with it.
This solves the washed out textures for me

2 Likes

Is there anyway to change the object draw / pop-in distance as well do you know?

I do not believe so.

No problem, thanks.

Soon… patch day!!!

To many factores involved that need to change.
Memory usage in GPU and RAM
It is always a trade of fps vs quality
At the beginning they said minimum memory 32GB now it’s 4-8 GB
It is my believe that this was done to accommodate Xbox

Oh good. so 10% of the community is happy with the update.

Know what would happen to my job if I put out a mandatory update that completely infuriated/drove away 90% of my base??

Hint: the words “I’m happy” wouldn’t be the first thing my boss says…

4 Likes

I work on swimming pools for a living…. If I had 90% of my pools turning green… I wouldn’t be in business

8 Likes

Xbox Port Simulator 2020 is what it has become.

2 Likes

Some of you need better internet etiquette, stop being so toxic towards to the devs.

2 Likes

Yes but Microsoft is playing with fire? If developers stop supporting their platform or simmers no longer beta test for them it would be trouble for Microsoft.

It is always a bad idear to put PC soft and Xbox soft togehter into one!!! executable.

I don’t think asking for developers to be fired is considered in over what is essentially a video game product ever justified, but that’s just me. You guys are acting way too emotional about all of this.

5 Likes

The graphics quality has suffered noticeably with this update. The colors of the ground textures are washed out and overexposed in the sunshine. The saturation is also unnaturally high. It looks painted. Since the textures are now much lighter than the vegetation on them, the hills look relatively treeless from afar and when you get closer, the onset of vegetation (popups) is much more noticeable, as the darker trees that appear on the light background are more noticeable. Before the update, the flight from Lake Garda to Bolzano through the valleys, not over the mountains, was a feast for the eyes, now these unnatural overexposed textures are extremely annoying. If the shadow areas of the hills were previously very dark and could not be assessed for vegetation, these areas are now much lighter and it looks terrible, as it is now clearly visible that the AI ​​has not placed any vegetation here. The breathtaking graphics for which the simulator stood has lost much of its fascination with this update. Controls for the brightness, color saturation and color temperature would be very desirable, then each user can set the appearance for his PC himself. I can also confirm the other problems you describe.

Addendum:
After further flights with SU5, I have to say that the graphic appearance (overexposure) that I criticized only applies to the times of day with a high position of the sun. In the early morning and late afternoon, the scenery and lighting looks fantastic as usual. It only looks overexposed and picture book-like in very bright daylight with sunshine. That should be corrected down a bit. The jerking and the flow of the simulation are much better. The popping up of buildings and vegetation, on the other hand, is much more visible. I think both, the fade-in time and the distance have been shortened and that’s why it’s more eye-catching.

But the graphics quality in general and the reflections in the water in particular have dropped unacceptably. If you make a turn over a lake the appearance of the reflections are an imposition, no comparison to what we had in terms of graphics quality before. Graphic errors on mountain edges as well. Also the quality of the shadows has lost a lot. What a price for a few FPS.

Does this look like a photorealistic satelite picture?

Graphic errors on mountain edges and often no connection of the reflections to the shore. They are separated by a light strip, very unrealistic.

In the backlight a continuous dark stripe and color bending in the sun reflection.

12 Likes

Felt the need to chime in. No AI aircraft lights after SU5. LOD so bad that you can’t see Chicago from O’Hare on a clear day.

Hopefully the devs will address these issues.

2 Likes

How about stop being toxic to the people that buy and support the product? Is that asking too much? This isn’t about feelings, it’s about software we paid hundreds of dollars for that has been basically butchered by this latest upgrade. And people are rightfully upset about it.

9 Likes

I think you misread the message about developers? I was talking about developers like PMDG or A2 who develop high end aircraft.

Neither from Midway! :nauseated_face:

11 Likes