Disappointed in Sim Update 5

Aerosoft Cancels Simple Traffic for MSFS due to WU5. Sad, just Sad every which way.

More here details of disappointment of Adobo/MS partner. We were not the only ones with these shortcomings.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to change the external HUD back to what it was before SU5? The new one is not only less pleasing on the eyes, it’s small size makes it hard to read and the meters for engine RPM don’t seem to work.

How does one increase the rate at which distance is updated? Before update it was constant, now it updates every 1km or so.

Yes I’ll try this weekend and post the results.

Still having problems with ATC not recognising me at the correct altitude. They keep trying to make me climb even though I’m on standard QNH at my cruising level.

As a user asked, here are the pictures for comparison, hotfix 1 to hotfix 2, same area, same time, same weather. In my opinion, nothing has changed in terms of the graphical impression.

And a few more new examples of the massively deteriorated graphics. The last picture looks more like a picture painted one made with watercolors than a photo-realistic satellite image. Let’s hope that this will change and we will get the simulator back that we bought.

3 Likes

Whats funny is every patch / hot fix “remove addons from addons folder” yes because this is a beta game.

They should change this to early access, its becoming a joke now.

Its a total pain to remove, re-add, re-install, trawl through third party forums for fixes because this game is early access console game, I really can’t be bothered with it.

Also, DX12 to Xbox first, lol.

5 Likes

I don’t blame them, it won’t surprise me one bit if other third parties follow this route, if I were making third party addons for profit, I wouldn’t even bother with this platform. It doesn’t make financial sense to pickup the pieces after every hot fix / update and who wants to develop addons for a beta / early access game anyway.

4 Likes

Lol, man this is sad

I have not flown since shortly after the release last Summer. I have recently come back to view the forums and it is very sad but not surprising to see that little to nothing had improved. I was a Tech Alpha Insider and was testing/flying since December 2019. It quickly became obvious to me that even back then, what we were seeing was what we were going to get, despite everyone saying things would be fixed/improved, etc. Countless feedback, including my own has yet to be considered or implemented.

MSFS is the biggest bait and switch. This is not a simulator for the diehard flightsim enthusiast, despite us being told it would be. It is a casual and arcade type simulation at best that is designed for the Xbox. Every aircraft, both default and third party are subpar and far from being anything study level in depth and quality. None of the aircraft on the Marketplace are worth nearly what they cost. The default aircraft are all copy pastes of each other with generic instruments.

The countless bugs, performance and graphics issues, terrible ATC and weather, etc…I will return in yet another year and hope for the best.

15 Likes

I’m not just disappointed i’m annoyed as i’ve had nothing but trouble with Flightsim Mandatory updates since this update and everytime i have to fully reinstall MSFS2020
on to my E drive

To be fair this happened a lot in X-Plane 11 too.

This was also in constant beta with a lot of updates. Third party addons had to be updated almost with each sim update. The only real difference with X-Plane 11 was that the sim betas were thoroughly tested before going final with the result that there were very few vanilla sim issues.

2 Likes

Interesting, I genuinely didn’t know that. Good to know the quality control / testing was on point though. Thanks for the insight.

1 Like

Is it possible to have 1 version for the PC crowd and another for Xbox?

6 Likes

Yes, to be absolutely fair to Laminar (X-Plane) the beta testing was slow but very thorough and with no apparent rushing. I admire them for that if nothing else and I think Asobo could learn a lot from their method of testing.

In truth though Asobo are subject to very tight deadlines (guessing here a bit tbh) set by Microsoft. Laminar’s deadlines are set by Austin and probably not as commercially centered (also guessing tbh). These two differences probably explain why ASOBOs updates are a bit dodgy and Laminar’s more solid :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m with you on this one 100%, I keep loosing interest more and more. I read the forums after every update and is not encouraging. I like to fly in all different modes, but the default aircraft are so full of incompleteness that is sad to try anything half complex. The scenery was attractive at first, but it lost its appeal after all the downgrading of the sim for Xbox. So I fly with my faithful X-Plane with some Orbx scenery and is fine, I get to do what I like, to fly the plane with a degree of precision and steadiness of the sim that I have not seen in MSFS, I will keep checking on it but not as often, buying any kind of payware in MSFS is unthinkable for me.

9 Likes

Yes you are right! But that doesn’t matter, you bought it, paid for it and you can’t give it back like thousands of other pc simmer too. So Asobo and Microsoft did exactly what they wanted, make money, whether you wait and see how other Sims develop! The loser about it is always you. When I think about how many hours you spent as an alpha tester reporting bugs that were then fixed and now reappear one by one because you downgrade a constantly improving Sim for a ridiculous game console The Sim will never be able to display it like a high-end PC.

3 Likes

I wish they did this in the first place…Kept both apart from one another

4 Likes

Sorry you have got it wrong, if they continue with launching bug ridden software the 3rd party devs will give up on the project. Nobody wants to fly for hours only to find the sim crashes as you reach your destination.

The net loser will be MS/Asobo if they don’t get their act together. As for this latest fiasco (they did’nt even inform their close 3 rd party devs on this game changing update, hence the scrapping of one new addon from Aerosoft, and a big delay to the CRJ 900-1000)
Couple that with PMDG having to now deal with new issues introduced by SU5, not the best way to do business)
Time will tell i guess.

3 Likes