Disappointed in Sim Update 5

Sorry to ask what is probably a dumb question, as I’ve just seen this thread.

After you un-installed Flight Sim and removed all trace of it from your HD, did you by chance run a program like CCleaner to get rid of all temporary files but, most importantly, clean the registry?

I’ve had a number of programs (not flightsim) that just crashed for no reason I could see. I was uninstalling, reinstalling etc and getting nowhere. Always crashed in the same place. Then as a last resort I cleaned my registry (it only gets rid of broken or defunct entries) using this program and bam, everything worked again.

Just thought, as you’ve had such a rough time of it, that it might be worth one last roll of the dice.

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi Jetwash1023,

Yup! Did the clean up of the registry too…

It’s painful to be in my position, and I know there are many…but as they say “no pain, no gain” :smile:

On a serious note…I tried whatever I could and even got my PC Tech to do it for me, but no luck. So I’ve decided to wait it out and one day when they get the fix, I’ll jump back in…

1 Like

I was wondering if the sim still has the washed-out look like it had just after SU5? Even the most beautiful locations in the world all looked grey. city and nature.

I havent installed msfs for a while cause I was fed up with the dull graphics. Then today I watched some recordings I made with my 3070 back in april and it looked fresh almost any location I went to.
Any chance of some graphics improvement?

3 Likes

Unfortunately this issue has not changed yet and that introduced dull lighting in SU5 which kills the ambience a bit is still around. I just hope they fix it in one of the upcoming SUs. One of the main reasons i lost a bit interest in the sim

1 Like

Thank you for the heads-up!
This means I will not be upgrading my setup anytime soon. The dull scenery was superdepressing. Even the clouds looked super grey.

We know what it looked like before su5, : )) so we’ll just wait again!

2 Likes

Yes i know exactly what you mean. Upgrading your system might not yet be a good idea especially when looking at the current hardware market.

Not sure if they will return to that kind of photorealistic lighting ever again, but we just have to hope for it.

Wonder anyways how this should benefit performance regarding their Xbox “optimizations” to be honest… maybe it’s just a preparational step for the future introduction of raytracing so that we will all react with a big “wow” :laughing:

1 Like

The sim is nowhere near where it was visually before SU5. Many things have been downgraded, lighting, clouds, textures, LOD distances. It’s so sad remembering how it used to look. Visuals are really the only reason to use this sim above the major pre-existing ones. So it’s pretty gutting to have them downgraded universally rather than just allowing people to turn down the settings if they want more frames.

4 Likes

It’s a little better than immediately after SU5 but not on par with SU4 by any stretch of the imagination.
Thank god I didn’t purchase a 3500 dollars top end graphics card like I was planning to do.
I am leaving this sim and coming back in 2023, maybe they’ll have a polished product by then.
Cancelling my Game Pass Ultimate subscription, I have been paying for too long for a product I could not use.

5 Likes

i can’t even get it to download… it’s been going for 18 hours. it is showing 104GB or something like that (total size). First of all, is that the right size it should be trying to download? and 2nd did you all experience this 2 to 3-day download as well? are Microsoft servers being overwhelmed or something? I’ve never had one go this slow and I made sure my Gig internet service has good download speed and it’s the same as it’s always been, fast. So looking for some ideas on this and thanks in advance

Huge mistake integrating us.

What’s the point of bringing this thread to life, we’re at SU7 now?

Closing topic as originally this topic was for SU5. We are currently on SU7.