Disappointed with Orbx airports

Yes, comparing Southampton and Shoreham even with your own freeware at St Mary’s, yours seem more advanced in many ways seeing as I can go inside the cafeteria and see the pasty prices.
Their bespoke buildings are obviously nice from a distance but get close and they don’t even have doors and windows, it’s just looks like low resolution textures stretched over autogen building shapes.

1 Like

Agreed all are awesone but Edinburgh is jewelry

2 Likes

Not sure if you are in Orbx forum
I just posted some pics there you might like to watch

1 Like

That airport looks incredible. Buying that when I eventually get as far north as Scotland for sure!

Bristol Airport looks amazing too, and much closer to home to me so I’ll probably get that in a couple weeks.

Looks great. Hope to see it in xbox marketplace at some point. I hope he does Glasgow too.

Yeap, he’s doing it!!!
Just saw the post today :grinning:

2 Likes

Great to hear. Can’t wait.

Indeed
Here you can see some previews

1 Like

Looks great so far. Fantastic details.

1 Like

It’s definitely very good but the difference between there and Edinburgh is that at Bristol they’ve left raw ground imagery down instead of filling in roads and car parks etc.

It’s not a huge deal for most, but since doing it is a whole lot less time consuming than their standard of modelling I’m not sure why they left it.

3 Likes

Glasgow airport looks insane. The amount of time and effort that goes into those interiors and the vast majority of people will hardly pay much attention to it but it looks incredible. I love that obsession with detail. I’ll look forward to getting it.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s what makes Edinburgh (in my opinion) the best payware airport out there, while Bristol is one of the best but a step behind Edinburgh. For some it may be a subtle difference as both are fantastic airport’s, but it feels like PilotPlus could have sorted that out.

1 Like

Have either of you tried Sochi by Digital Designs or Stockholm Bromma by Orbx? From photo’s these both look incredible, improving the surrounding city and adding in tons more features than other airports. I’ve been considering them both.

Bromma is nearly 12gb.

I think I refuse on principle to have that much of my space used up no matter how great it is, and it had better be for that size.

1 Like

I have both, though I just got Sochi, so will explore it during the weekend.

Bromma includes 100+ POI’s in Stockholm which makes it a great package for the region. In addition Visby Airport is included, while Visby is a rather simple port, it comes for free and is much better than the auto-generated airport.

As for Bromma, the strength is that it really feels alive, the immersion is great and the attention to detail amazing. I really like it because of the feeling of the airport. What I also really like is that they worked on the approach, which is spot on.

Modelling and the textures of the buildings are also top-notch.

The cons would be some blurry ground textures (same as Bristol), no interior and okayish night lighting.

Overall, I think the package is great value for money and despite some shortcomings it’s really made with love and care.

2 Likes

The city additions is what really sell it to me. I fly exclusively in VR and visiting Asobo POI’s, leaving the plane and getting out on ‘foot’ with the drone is one of my favourite ways to enjoy the sim. Having 100 POI’s to bring a city to life will make it feel like a real virtual city tour so worth it to me.

12 GB is not trivial but I feel it’s something that can be installed/uninstalled as needed if space is an issue.

1 Like

Then you will also really enjoy Sotchi, just checked it out and they done an amazing job with the city. Lot of attention to details with buildings and roads across the city, including the Olympic park and the F1 track there.

The airport itself is really nice, it lacks interior but otherwise I like it with nice modelling, details and textures.

As for Stockholm, there is an issue with procedural buildings that came with World Update 5, making some buildings disappear. This is not related to the Bromma package, but a bug in the sim, affecting other areas too. With that said, I still really enjoyed exploring the city with the Bromma package!

1 Like

That’s good to hear. After six months of learning to fly and putting a flight cockpit together I’m finally taking my Cessna 152 beyond Devon and Cornwall and going some flying tours. I’m currently at Lydd airport on the east coast of the UK visiting all of the airfields I’ve bought from Burning Blue Design and Orbx. Once back at Exeter I plan to buy Bristol airport and visit that along with Cheddar Gorge and the Clifton Suspension Bridge, then then Channel Isles, Wales, and central England. After Scotland I think I’ll decided if I want to fly across to the Scandanavian countries and cover that world update, or go to Ireland and work back down to France.

I think I’ll do all the European updates in order of release and buy thirdparty software or download freeware along the way to make the trips as epic as possible.

There’s literally lifetime of discovery here so I probably won’t need to buy any games for the next decade or so until they release MSFS 2030.

2 Likes

I was so disappointed with their out of date EGKA “port” that I requested and received a refund, instead I got the iniBuilds version which is upto date and much better.

1 Like

I have them both and they are great.
I made a post in Orbx forum for Bromma a ton of pictures from a user’s perspective in case you’d like to check it. You know previews in forums are professional ones, special for selling, so in case you’d like to see how it looks from a mortal you can give them a check here

I haven’t made a post about Sochi but I do like it, just one note the aiport light at nightm the yellow light tends to turn off at distance but I think that is a MS isssue not the product
Cheers
Carlos

2 Likes