Discuss on Aerial/Ground times issues

Feel your pain. Its totally ruining my whole sim enjoyment. Just spent the last hour trying to resolve things my end, but obviously this is a game bug issue. And weirdly, it seems only a section of users are getting it. I have a ticket open, but there seems to be little hope at this stage. TBH… I am losing faith in this whole gig.

Will be ditching this sim soon if not resolved in a speedy time frame. Ive been suffering multiple issues for the last 5 weeks.

2 Likes

Sim is a total mess for many of us. But for others it is plain sailing, and all seems well.

This issue is one of many i am experiencing. Ive re-installed the sim 3 times, and i have an open ticket, and they are trying to help, but nothing fixes this one.

This is bing map update issues, and i believe out of Asobo’s control.

Makes me a little angry to see updates relating to fancy things though, when the base sim is broken in so many areas.

I’m losing hope, i got to be honest. I hope we get some fixes soon my friend.

3 Likes

Still sporadic all over the place. The devs said they have a fix in place but still months down the line it is getting worse. I’m starting to think this cannot be fixed or it would have been AGES ago. It’s not good enough.

2 Likes

PC/78003XD/4090/QUEST 3.

I have been hoping and praying for 6-7 weeks now that my old simming experience would come back and return to its awesomeness. And still… nothing goes back to normal.

My experience has been crushed by this tile issue (and 2 other ongoing issues). Also, because i am in VR and running at 3808 resolution, I see things others dont. So, because of this low res/tile popping/map mish-mash issue, distant scenery tiles are blurry and clearly of a much lower resolution, and for some reason, lots of auto-gen doesnt show up on them. Its like a TLOD nerf, but I am 99% convinced now that its linked to this tile/map issue.

Also, for last 3 days, the tiles even below my plane have been downgraded in quality, even though i am running Ultra on almost everything.

The UK is really really bad.

I am rapidly losing faith in this sim.

1 Like

2days flight after 4 days without simming:
Have the same experience as you. Thought I have to buy glasses in my middle age now :))…blurry scenerie, ground. Switched to VD, with a little bit better result, but this blur is still tiring.

PC/78003XD OC/4800XT OC/QUEST 3.

1 Like

78003xd/4090 taken in 2d mode.

Enlarge this snippet video, and take a good darn look at that low res scenery/tiles in the mid to far distance!! Its shockingly bad. I have zero distant scenery details.

NOT PLAYABLE LIKE THIS. Utterly shocking. I am now shelving this sim. Ive reached the end of the line. sad.

280mbts 5G via ethernet.
275 TLOD
200 LOD
Ultra and high

done 3 reinstalls.
No O/C
Reset tin services.
Raised ticket/No solution given.
All memory is clean and full functional.
VRAM 49%
Its on DX11/DX12 and SU15 BETA.

Go figure!

THIS IS DISGUSTING Asobo.

2 Likes

Just tried beta 1.37.17 and it doesn’t happen anymore in Courchevel and around LOWI. Maybe they found the solution finally!

1 Like

Last night I checked the Kenai peninsula (the same area of my previous post) with the new beta .17 release, with DX11 and DX12, and the problem still persists. If it necessary I can post new screenshots.

Wasn’t the issue that was fixed related to airport sceneries. and the custom scenery doesn’t always show. Not the issue where you are flying along, and the terrain below blocks in, which is what this thread covers I believe.

Correct, they fixed textures in 3rd party airports not being displayed correctly with dx12. This thread is about a different issue.

1 Like

Indeed, I was referring to the tiles with different textures poppin in, not the DX12 bug that has been solved. You can see in my recent screenshots in the Kenai area in this post (a couple of posts above). Unfortunately that bug hasn’t yet been solved.

1 Like

You already reported that issue there too:

so! it hasn’t been attended to

2 Likes

Not this issue, no, and I don’t think the release notes say that they did. Another one for 2024 I guess, though I am 99.9% certain it will be broken there too as I don’t think it’s a client side issue.

2 Likes

The infamous ground tile popping issue does indeed appear to be getting better.
Lowi and other places with horrendous popping are now fixed.
It seems they are going methodically and is a work in progress.
Credit where credit is due. They are working on it.

3 Likes

I don’t think they even said they were going to fix it with SU15, or did they?

2 Likes

I fear that we will have the same problem with msfs 2024…if asobo is using the same Bing maps…

1 Like

not quite, but they are working on it at the same time, although on a parallel course… but correct, this fix wasn’t a part of su15 per se

It is the entire world, including USA. It has been broken for months.

1 Like

I’ve started getting random multicoloured tiles as well and tiles of water that shouldn’t be water. It’s a big mess at the moment sadly.