[Discussion] 1.15.8 Hotfix is Available!

I think what you really mean is

And see this post for how to use a DIFFERENT pause option, PAUSE ON/PAUSE OFF (that has different Pause charateristic to the Active Pause)

=====

Only on"active pause" can you freeze the Plane’s MOTION ion space, but yest still.be able to operate the plane’s Instruments, tune radios, alter heading bug, alter OBS, control the GPS etc.

Its very much a “Simulator” pause mode, that allows you to stop the plane stationary in the air, and then take you time to configure Instruments * Gauges, and "catch up: with the plane, if you have fallen behind, etc

OK, but in my opinion much better rather than just different. The “only” thing lacking is an actual freezing of time, but it won’t crash your plane and actually stops the plane dynamics. You can also interact with all controls (albeit not all visually where there is a physical switch to move) including FMCs or Garmins etc. The latter issue can be solved by a combination of this pause and reducing the sim rate to 1/4 speed if you really need to see a physical control move. I use it all the time.

1 Like

thanks for the fix the simulator now does not start at all.
Before questions come 1.community completely empty 2. MSFS run yesterday after reinstalling problem-free
now after the update it hangs when loading
ASOBO you are getting better and better from update to update

1 Like

See here

1 Like

Have you done a full reboot?

yes sure 3x

How about the Content manager let’s install everything in the Community Folder bug?

Performance has gone worse for me after this patch, lower FPS than before.

1 Like

How about it? It’s a cosmetic issue, affects nothing. Everyone seems up in arms about it, but, to be honest, if you are triaging bugs, that one is P3 at best, probably a P4. Hardly a P1 and definitely not needing a hot fix.

… well it makes it very difficult to pick out the stuff which is not in the Community folder which nevertheless does need updating unless you have very little in the community folder. Also this is a new bug and therefore should be nipped in the bud. In addition a notice on MS Zendesk stated that this issue would be corrected with a Hot Fix.

Don’t disagree with the bug thing, but if you’ve got enough stuff in your community folder to have to search through it all, are you not much better using an add-on linker where you can add/remove add ons with a single tick box click and store versions wherever you want and in whatever folder structure you want. Like this:

Didn’t see that - but it’s not in the hot fix notes

Well they didnt fix the ESC key toggling flaps and airbrakes with TCA…

I think a lot of you are missing the point, good or bad as the updates/patches are, without immplamenting them across the board, nothing will get fixed or optimized. Yeah, i get p*ssed when my 3090 chokes on 20fps, but that’s too bad, its software. This is going to be ongoing and won’t change much for a long while. PS: Just wait when DX12 and RT get thrown into the mix, but at least you’ll have the option to choose…possibly. Good simming.

2 Likes

Already use Addon Linker … which would need to be cleared every time one wants to check if there are legitimate updates in Content Manager.

Active pause hasn’t caused this for me since last Nov (2020)
I have used Active pause to closely look at POI and Airfields then simply resumed flying, no death defying falling occurred.
However, on a flight from Chivenor to St Mary’s, I used Superspuds St Just as a way point. When I stopped to admire it with the drone camera, the game registered it as a landing. When i un-paused the game to resume my flight, it recorded a take off giving me two logbook entries instead of one.

I think “upcoming patch” is not equal to “hotfix”

Ah, still getting that weird micro stuttering, almost once per second, even with FPS of 45. And it does seem related to multi-player as I could see a gamertag flickering, and bizarrely in time with the stutters. Just one tag. All other tags seemed to be ok.
Once their aircraft went ‘far enough away?’ (after about 5 minutes) the flickering stopped and so did the micro stutters.

Other than that, all good.

Don’t forget to download update on contents manager area around 3GB, this include UK photogrametry update.

are you on the latest geforce drivers? some folks are having success stepping down to the previous version i think. might be worth a shot.