Discussion: April 13 Live Dev Q&A

Yep. We reported hundreds of bugs and nothing was fixed until post launch.

1 Like

I know. I didn’t have much faith in this beta test run because of that. Looks like I wasn’t wrong to be skeptical.

1 Like

I’ve no doubt they’ll hotfix this anytime soon and this is just a small annoyance in the meantime (for what it’s worth, they’re looking into it already). There was probably not enough reasons to delaying WU just for this and at least, this doesn’t affect the CRJ isn’t it? Or does it?

They haven’t hotfixed for major issues that affected a large swathe of the player base until there was enough community outcry and influencers on YouTube and Twitch started complaining. I doubt we’ll see a fix for this before the next planned update.

I could be wrong and hope I am. But I don’t think so.

And if it affected the CRJ, you’d see a hotfix rolled out by tomorrow.

2 Likes

Trust me, we caught it. That’s all I’m allowed to say. Also @Jummivana could we get a forum tag like “Tech alpha insider” but instead “World Update 4 Beta Tester” or something?

4 Likes

You probably won’t Alpha testing is something completely different from this.That was the sim in early stages hence the word ‘‘ALPHA’’ To this day still remains under NDA.

Literally cannot believe they are adding the ATR. My favorite plane, so many childhood memories
 Thank you Asobo and everyone involved!

2 Likes

Great Q&A session, awesome announcements and I can’t wait to fly the Ultralight! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good Job – just a shame it was not acted upon 
 (Deja-Vu ?)

2 Likes

There was little to say. They are talking to airlines, in other words this might take a while. Luckily we see some progress - livery KLM, S7 - and hopefully they will show up as AI traffic as well in the near future on the A320 and 787. It’s not much but it’s a start and I found it to be great news.

Actually, they mess up real traffic. Before we could get liveries to work on A320. Today’s update is putting random ones on if we don’t have a livery for it.

Multiplayer b tags not showing aircraft type.

In file we don’t even have default United livery anymore.

They ruined slot today, most just have no idea because they weren’t using mods.

Which is what they should’ve done prior to first release.

What did they say about the ultralight?

They’re gonna release the Top Rudder Just 103 Solo on April 27. It will be priced at $9.99.

1 Like

There is already a quite good plane available aftermarket —. See this post.

I have a question about Iceland scenery. This is a country, like Faroe Islands where the imagery is sometimes very bad or out of date.

Will Bing and Asobo take this opportunity to update the current imagery?

They mentioned late in the live stream they’ve got data incoming on The Faroe islands, and are including those. I think they mentioned Jan Mayen as well.

1 Like

Well, we’ll see how the flight model of the Asobo addon will be, seemed like they used some more (new?) options for windmilling etc.

So not sure if they are entirely comparable, we know too little right now.

when is sim update 4 due out ?

Thanks.

Since they intended to bundle SU4 with WU5 (and from then on always have SU+WU together) and WU5 is coming in June, I guess SU4 will be in June as well.

Unfortunately there is no development roadmap that goes further than April, usually they created for at least the next 3 months, but in the last dev updates it was limited to April.

1 Like