Discussion: December 3rd, 2020 Development Update

This week’s development update has been released:

Use this thread to discuss the development update.

5 Likes

@Jummivana Not sure if I should be paging you or someone else about this, but the Feedback Snapshot screenshots on the site and forum post are from last week. The web-friendly versions are up to date.

3 Likes

Another AMAZING update from @Jummivana and Asobo/MS team – thank you for this type of detail, for adding more and more to the weekly updates - love seeing this progress.

Just a suggestion/question – can we start removing items that are known (publicly) to be fixed or have been resolved to start more focus on things that are coming?

5 Likes

Thank you, that makes more sense! Looks like a great update, I like that they are putting more time into each update!

So, there’s no mention of the Carenado M20 in the updated products list. At this point I can’t see myself buying anything else from the Marketplace until we start seeing some better communication about how issues similar to this between Microsoft/Asobo and third-party developers are going to get resolved in the future.

10 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Really losing faith in the MSFS store now because of how long the Mooney is taking to be fixed.

4 Likes

It is 24 gb to me. It is normal?

The more updates the better.

I am wondering what those unannounced aircraft by third parties are, PMDG’s surprise for the community maybe?

What did you guys do? Now I can not load flight plans into the CJ4 and most times I load the aircraft the interior graphics are corrupted. It looks like the seat is super-imposed over the flight deck instruments. This can be cleared up sometimes by restarting the flight, but flight plan does not show up in the FMS even though it has been loaded before the flight. Several waypoints in my routes are user defined and the FMS does not allow their input within the current models of the FMS so I use an outside source to generate my flight plans and then load them in the World scenery module when I set up the flight.
Up until today there has never been an issue. It appears that you must have done more than just add navaid data in today’s mini-update, because you broke the planes! Please check your work thoroughly in the future before you release it. Let the community tweak the aircraft. Most are real pilots, not gamers. I am a retired commercial pilot and was impressed at your attempt at realism. The community upgrades were clearly moving several of the aircraft closer to that promised reality, but now you have taken a giant step backward. Again, I am not a gamer, so I may not share the same view as others.

1 Like

And they are not aknowledging the terrible download issues, for the installer AND the content manager. It’s not admissible that we have to either pay for netlimiter or a VPN and still take days downloading something that would be done in an hour. This should be a #1 Bug since it keeps people form playing and some of them have refunded the game or just stop playing until it gets fixed. Problem is it never gets fixed!

3 Likes

What happened to the addition of the beta testing version task? There used to be a task listed, I think in the wishlist, for a beta testing version of MSFS so that the new version can be beta tested before it’s deployed to the public.

I don’t think I see the beta testing task listed anymore.

Today, i started my msfs to find out there was a 1Gb update…same version as the last one…confusing…
Why not just to add a .1 to the version and explain briefly what it was for…
I have to say disappointing…i expect more from a big company like MS…

2 Likes

Pre-release testing is planned for next year.

2 Likes

I have highlighted the confusion with the patch notes screen with the CMs. Unfortunately due to time zone differences, I was up too late in the day for it to have an impact but hopefully the feedback will be useful for next time.

Thks
Your reply is appreciated

1 Like

Maybe I’m reading the “updates” incorrectly but it seems based on the feedback snapshot that not much is getting fixed anytime soon. It’s incredibly vague. Looks to be much more focus on new content rather than fixing the original content.

5 Likes

Last time people were complaining not every wish was on the list, even if it had enough votes.

They added those back in, which bumped the beta wish off the chart. (last month this had 218 votes, and the minimum to be on this chart this month is 235 votes.)

I think the mods should close the topics after they are labeled as denied/not planned. Or perhaps they could move it to a not planned subforum where the people can continue to convincing the devs. If the topics remain listed in the wishlist, we’ll eventually end up with a list of 25 not planned features? :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks. That explains why it’s not on the list.