Discussion: December 3rd, 2020 Development Update

Are you using the working title mod? Works great for me with that installed.

Ps. Thanks for using my screenshots @Jummivana! :blush:

buongiorno dopo l’aggiornamento in parola con ap inserito non si riesce piu’ a disinserire hdg dal 321
come e’ possibile?
per virare devo disinserire tutti i comandi dell’AP,quota,velocita’
a qualcuno e’ capitato?
grazie

Why nobody talking why can they fix the autopilot with A320, 747and 787! This should be the priority! It’s a flight sim! Aircraft must work properly to enjoy this sim. Right now it is still a mess!

So many questions about what the sim should look like!! This should not be a priority. Working aircraft specially autopilot system is the priority!!! Its has been long enough, these issues should have been fix by now. PRIORITIES please.

3 Likes

Im personally really disappointed with the way things are going with the sim. Everytime something gets fix it gets messed up the next patch. The autopilot issue is one that has me intrigued as to why this is so hard to keep functioning? When are we going to get that performance cpu/ gpu patch? Nothing that actually makes a difference on the performance of the sim seems to be a priority… I’m saying this from my perspective of this patches that do nothing on that regard and actually makes performance worse. I still enjoy the hell out of the sim but I am starting to get tired of this. Very frustrating.

2 Likes

Hopefully the extended time between updates will help.

Hi, can I ask here where the screenshot by @simtom2 is taken, with runway 15-33? Thanks

Sorry, by @Fmgc320, I just realized the author was the one below not above the screenshot…

When are these Sim Updates 2, 3 and 4 due?

From the official roadmap in the dev update:

• Sim update 2 by the end of december
  • Sim update 3 by the end of february
  • Sim update 4 probably in spring, end of april? (that‘s my guess)

I cranked up MSFS 2020 and vowed that I’d switch back to X-Plane 11.5 if I found 5 issues.

Downloaded and installed the 1GB update … and noticed that the version number hasn’t changed despite a long list of things that have been fixed. Strike 1.

Popped into settings and ensured that my units of measurement were set to HYBRID - popped into the TBM and … it’s still using Hg. I have no interest in using inches of mercury for barometric pressure. Strike 2.

Sat in the TBM - and hit the timer button on the yoke to ensure my engine start is per the book. Button depresses, but timer doesn’t start. Strike 3.

Started the engine and put it into high-idle … very quickly got an ITT over-temp of 1400+ degrees. So there’s a $350,000 repair bill … Strike 4.

Dialed in a quick flight from NZNS to NZNS with the RNav Z approach - GPS SHOULD route me from TUMGO -> ISLOP -> PATRU. GPS tries to route me from TUMGO to FD02 to NS401 to ISLOP - so that’s a 180 deg turn a mile or so from the threshold of 02 (not “2”) then BACK to an already passed waypoint and doesn’t even include PATRU. Strike 5.

Landed anyway (successfully - despite the throttle not having the lockout gate that prevents accidental entry to taxi/reverse thrust zones) - taxied to a good parking area - and requested a pushback. Nobody came, but the aircraft then started being pushed back despite parking brake set (after brake application) - engine still running - and engine power increased progresively up to full power … Strike 6.

Back to X-Plane.

I don’t want to be “that guy” but I think it’s important to be another voice that “says what I’m about to say”; I think the clever folks who develop this stuff are lost; time after time we’re getting updates about “pretty stuff” (everything from “world updates” (Japan, US etc) to "changing the algorithm that affects how many street lights appear on a country road) - whilst glaringly obvious errors - many of which would be trivial to fix - persist through version after version. I don’t want “pretty” - I want ACCURATE SIMULATION because I want it to give me the opportunity to experience aircraft that I can’t afford to fly IRL anymore.

I don’t want to “harp on” but seriously - how hard is it to get a timer to start? - or to stop an engine quickly climbing to 1400 dec C just because it’s been put in high idle (where - barring possibly an oil temp rise over time - it should basically be able to sit all day)?

Back to X-Plane. Once again I’m left considerably disappointed; come on guys - this is beta-release “101” stuff.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to have to say this but I’m in agreement with MeltedSign. Since not only this lastest update but the one before the accuracy has gone. ASOBO you need to know that your navigation is still out. I cannot land an ILS approach without having to manually adjust the direction. Same when in cruising altitude your nav is out and I don’t understand as the last update had to do with the Nav system. Engines after flight still do not shut down unless your in the Dreamliner but you need to Shift + ctrl + E to do it. Unlike MeltedSign I still have faith that some one that works at ASOBO knows what they are doing and will fix these issues soon. I am at my tether though.

3 Likes

Just to clarify this because I was confused as well: the 1GB update yesterday was no game patch but just a Nav data update, so you should not expect it to resolve any bugs. The next “Sim update” is scheduled for end of December (see roadmap “Sim Update 2”).

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/small-update-navdata/331063/3

I don’t think so, for a couple of reasons:

1. I’ve got a Navigraph subscription - and the 2013 AIRAC cycles was only 17.84MB - can’t imagine why the same data for MSFS 2020 would be 1000MB.

2. There was a long list of things that were fixed; I can’t remember the entire list but some were:

• Bravo throttle quadrant default preset
  • CH Flightstick Pro default preset
    -CH Combat default preset
  • Logbook fixes
  • Landing challenge target changes
  • Streetlight changes
  • Workers on airport not freezing
  • Autogen building height huristics
  • Autogen bridge joints
  • and many more.

I think that there’s probably a small NAV database update available as well - not that I’ve seen anything.

These fixes were part of the latest patch, but for some reason they left the changelog there.
This update certainly only was the nav data.

Yes, it is sometimes a bit annoying, BUT the Sim is only 4-5 months “old” and MS / ASOBO are working hard to bring it to “near perfection” and I think they are doing it well . The problem is, if you turn the “screw” at one point of the CODE, it unfortunately has undesirable effects on other points of the CODE ( I think, there is no such as trivial fix you mentioned since everthing is interconnected ) . Give them some time to solve the known and unknown problems with the help of the community and everything will be even better.X-plane / P3D etc etc took/take years to optimize, and still only the good addons ( e.g. ORBX ZIBO, FF, PDMG , QW , MAJESTIC etc etc ) make them fun. Compared with these, MSFS2020 already offers a considerable lot more … carry on MS/ASOBO and partners and DEV ( Flybywire etc )

Can someone explain, what “update 7” means in the feedback snapshot? Is it a leftover of the old update naming convention? Because it´s not mentioned in the roadmap.

1 Like

Yes, it refers to the USA World Update.

Over 50 times the size of the same update that I downloaded for X-Plane?

“The problem is, if you turn the “screw” at one point of the CODE, it unfortunately has undesirable effects on other points of the CODE ( I think, there is no such as trivial fix you mentioned since everthing is interconnected )”

I hear what you’re saying, but I think it’s true only past a certain point.

• Would you think that fixing the direction of the ammeter in the 172 would break something else?

• Would you expect a button being pressed on the yoke to start a timer being fixed would break something else?

Or when they specifically add something like metric / hybrid unit support that (in the TBM at least) just blatently doesn’t work. How on earth does that get past testing? (serious question; assuming that fixes are tested how does it get signed off when the fix blatently doesn’t work?) And let’s not even talk about logbooks (which still aren’t right; according to the “fixed” logbook I landed but didn’t take off).

My point is that there are so many of these simple-to-fix things that haven’t worked right from the initial release. If I can pick up over 10 issues like this within 20 minutes of using the product for the first time then either I have one heck of a gift for noticing details (I don’t) - or beta testing didn’t pick up on glaringly obvious errors (if not, why not) - or worst of all, they still shipped the product knowing that all these issues still existed - which is what I suspect happens - and in my opinion that’s just not something one does when money is being exchanged for a product.

I was excited by this sim; I didn’t just spent a hundred and something bucks to buy the sim - I spent several thousand bucks building a very high spec PC (10700K, 64GB, RTX 3080, NVMe SSD, 3 screens) to run this sim. For me it’s been a bitter disappointment - hence my upgrade to X-Plane (which I hadn’t flown since about v8 many years ago). All I can say is “thank gawd for X-Plane” - where all 3 monitors work out of the box (and in comparison MSFS 2020 only supports 1 monitor - seriously?) - and even a CTD is quickly recovered from and I’m back flying at the same part of the flight in about a minute vs literally “sim session over”.

IMO it should never have been publicly released in it’s present form but now that it has been I’d be far happier if they’d at least give the illusion of caring by fixing persistent easy to fix bugs that have been present from day 1 - and stop giving the impression that there’s plently of resource available for world updates.