Discussion: December 3rd, 2020 Development Update

I also understand your point of view… as I said… it’s unpleasant. I don’t want to go into the subject in depth and appear bossy, but as I work in the automation industry and am involved in the development of complex control and automation strategies, I know from practical experience what “simple” changes can mean. We use function blocks and so-called typicals, which are addressed and processed multiple times by other control networks. The change of such typicals therefore affects everything … Please understand that I have no idea how to program a flight simulator etc., but it is also a piece of complex software that uses “function blocks and typicals”. And honestly, we apply our software tylormade for a certain industrial plant in oder to control the production and product quality and we will need several months hands on this plant before we reach your desired parameters

I understand that too when it’s something like an autopilot or even a throttle – but a lot of what I’m noticing isn’t a “5% discrepancy in power between the real aircraft and the sim” (which apparantly they have had the time to fix) - it’s many things that they’ve (apparantly) either not even attempted to fix (often minor things) or the fix hasn’t worked - which in-turn points to a testing issue and/or a priority issue.

Fundamentally I think it comes down to “is this a simulator” or “is this a game”; I have zero interest in “Microsoft Aeroplane Game” - I’m wanting “Microsoft Flight Simulator” but it’s looking to me like the official priority is to work on “prettiness” instead of “authenticity”.

As I say, I don’t want to be “that guy” but I get hugely frustrated when I download and install patches every 2 weeks only to discover that very little that was broken has been fixed (or fixed properly) and yet they’ve had sufficient resources to release world updates & tweak power of a 152 by 5% (or whatever it was). I wouldn’t be at all surprised if in a years time we still had most of the glaringly obvious issues outstanding but 1/2 a dozen new scenery updates. It just seems to be going in the wrong direction.

Perhaps they need to hire more aircraft simulation resource and less world scenery resource?

Then you might want to try Xplane 11 for flight realism and less scenery to look at. Also, it’s got VR, unlike this game currently.

Have already had to install XP (per my post #30 above). Even just the ability to view 180 deg simultaniously via 3 screens puts in a completely different category.

At a complete loss as to why multi screen wouldn’t be suported out of the box with MSFS 2020.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.