Discussion: February 18th, 2021 Development Update

Right off the bat, the A32NX mod is screwed up. I am convinced these updates do more harm than good.

I think they mean ‘fixed in the code’, but not neccesarily available to customers yet!

It’s been fine for me, did you try the latest Dev branch? It’s not really fair to blame Asobo for that one or they could never change anything from the moment the first mod is released. Mods can quickly be fixed and adapted though. I don’t think they should ever hold back an update because it might break a few mods, that’s bound to happen. You can’t maintain backwards compatibility with every variable that the different mods use/hack in.

1 Like

This really is turning into the Cyberpunk of Flight Simulators in terms of quality. To echo the statements that have been made elsewhere, we need proper bug fixes - not scenery updates.

4 Likes

they explained in the last Q&A. To summarize, they received so much feedback from VR users that they basically couldn’t decide what to take out from the main dev snapshot, so they made their own.

And you hit the nail on the head, they don’t have enough support (indicated by votes) to be on the main list because there simply isn’t as many people playing VR as there are in 2D. Remember, Asobo has multiple teams assigned to different aspects of the game. The VR team may have to way for a UI team to finish up their current project before they can move onto whatever the VR team needs to be done for example.

You’re right, everyone does want their own little problems fixed. The same goes for VR players. My biggest thing i’d like to see, more than some of the other bugs in VR, is performance. I’d like to sit for an entire flight in VR without getting nauseous. I can’t understand why people want VR controller over the best performance possible. I’m not saying no to VR controllers, but having a separate wishlist helps with the small amount of transparency Asobo tries to achieve and seeing VR Performance in a higher spot on the list than hand controllers tells me “okay, Asobo is working on it”

I played the UK update, saw little improvement in performance and put it back down. No huff no puff. As far as i’m concerned, they’re working on it.

Some will call me an asobo fanboi/apologist for these comments. I just have patience (even though i’m not a doctor yuk yuk yuk yuk)

Hi all, just an announcement that one more 3rd party item is being added to the Markplace today:
image001
Las Vegas Airport/City bundle.

5 Likes

Is there an easy way to document where the non-marketplace items are? For example, there are a growing number of missions highlighted in the Dev update, but I don’t know where these are.

What about the horrible bug of the taxi lights being strewn all throughout the airports, will this be hotfixed asap?

They are aware of this bug and working on it.

1 Like

YEs I’m seeing that as well with some of the airport scenery packs I’ve done…taxiway lights all over the runways and even in odd places like grass fields. Also, my polygon exclusion rectangles for vegetation no longer work. Some airports have tall trees right at the end of the runway. Please correct this ASOBO.

1 Like

Hello,
Am I the only one that is experiencing issues with the controls of an aircraft? The throttle is not responding on flight. I own Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo controls. This happens after the UK/IE update. Anyone that could perhaps help me out?

Happened to me with one of the smaller aircraft (cent remember which one) but when I chose another one it was fine and I came back to the first one it was okay!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.