Discussion: February 25th, 2021 Development Update

Yes, you’re right. There was a temporary workaround made, and it worked reasonable.

Instead of waiting one week for S.U.3 with the fix included it has now become waiting one week for the fix and another for the Sim Update.

They should have just fixed it right away. Instead they come up with the silly excuse that they have now somehow listened to the community and decided to fix it. Resulting in a delay for sim update 3

To me it just doesn’t make any sense

3 Likes

It didn’t for the premium/deluxe aircraft.

Sure, but it is how it is now.

I further think that sim update 3 would have been postponed anyhow and they realized that postponing it would cause a new backlash of users waiting for the flaps fix and thus decided to make it a hotfix.

So it’s not that the hotfix causes delay for sim update 3 but the other way around - the sim update 3 delay made the hotfix even more necessary.
Note that there is now no defined date for sim update 3, just early March.

2 Likes

Sim update 3 was going to be delayed anyways. They are just using this hotfix as an excuse. I mean there is already a fix available for flaps issue. They need 10+ days to test and fix it ? I dont buy this ■■■■.

3 Likes

The Spikes on Terrain has now fixed in world Update 3 status? Uhm???

I know that it didn’t work for deluxe aircraft. I have the deluxe version.

It’s a lot of “probably” “I think that” and trying to make it work in your head.
Trying to come up with explanations/excuses why MS/Adobo are doing this.
But I’m a little bit tired of that.

They say: after debating we decided to NOT make a hotfix, instead release it with sim update 3.

Sim update 3 was set to release on the 4th of march (it’s in last week’s DR)

Now they say this, as if nothing happened. It’s just a lame excuse. And worst of all they say it’s because of the community… like they want some praise for it.
I think it’s just real bad communication.

1 Like

I agree on that.
Just don’t think that we would’ve got Sim Update 3 next week anyway, so I’m relaxed on this delay, it was expected for me. And therefore I’m actually happy that they at least now set a date for a flap fix.

The rest is mainly public relations and community management, there’s plenty people who are not reading the forums and for them this turn in events certainly does look better than it does from the “inside”. It’s just not something worth getting enraged about - next time we know better.

1 Like

Okay. I’m NOT ENRAGED!!!

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

I don’t think I ever saw a hotfix taking over a week to deploy…Well I did in DBD but I won’t compare anyone that low

The flight sim community has become as bad as the other gamers who were shouting and screaming at MS on twitter last night because xbox went down.

People on here were shouting and screaming for a hotfix now they’ve got one they’re shouting and screaming because sim update 3 is delayed because of it.

It isn’t necessary the fix that takes time. It’s the testing. Give the developers time to fix and test their updates.

Sure Asobo shouldn’t of expected the end user to fix the flaps issue as a lot of users may not necessarily have the knowledge of coding and PCs to be able to fix the issue.

Hotfixes should be used if there is a major game breaking bug that affects all users as is the case with the flaps bug.

If Asobo want an extra week to get sim update right then that’s OK. Take your time so we don’t get a repeat of the world update 3.

But everyone needs to calm down and instead of venting at the developers help them by reporting bugs. But then give them time to fix and test them.

6 Likes

The temper tantrums are getting old.

3 Likes

Well does that mean World Update 3 had nothing to do with the delay as was the reason given last time?
These flip-flop reasons given is what upset most, not the delays.
Quite similar to what happened last time.

1 Like

Does it really matter that much WHY something is delayed? It doesn’t change anything about the fact that it is, doesn’t it?
All that reasoning is just meta-communication just to keep the community calm.

1 Like

LOVE the separate documentation site. It means things (like the SDK) are getting stable enough to expose through documentation.

2 Likes

Outside of some threads on this forum? Pretty well, I think.
You shouldn’t deduct from a bunch of people in a forum to the whole community.

I agree confusing. The only conclusion is that sim update 3 was never going to be ready for 4th March. However they had already said this in answer to some questions when world update 3 was delayed back in January. If indeed sim update 3 is now due 9th March as it says in the development roadmap, then I don’t get the need for the hotfix. Even if plan A was now 9th March, and that means less duplication of testing effort and changes to plans, that would make more sense to me.

Also if they are taking about extensive testingneeded for the hotfix that suggests the fix is more than tweaking a couple of parameters in the cfg files.

It is all a bit strange.

3 Likes

Sim update 3 was delayed anyway - they said as much back in January

1 Like

I think their release days are Tuesday and Thursday. Muss one and you have to wait for the next to come around. My guess is next Tuesday

I agree in that lots of people get really annoyed and sometimes abusive about very minor things. On the other hand, I think if Asobo’s communication was a little better then that would help too. Just one or two lines explaining why a hotfix wasn’t possible in the first place would have helped and perhaps a brief explanation as to why there will now be a hotfix at the expense of the sim update arriving next week. I don’t mean some essay but just one or two sentences to explain. I think it would help manage expectations and allow people to understand what is going on. The devs clearly don’t owe us the world (so to speak) but we have all paid a lot of money for something that has had a bit of a rocky start thus far.

4 Likes

If that were true, why was it still on 4th of march as of last week in the DR?
I’m not saying you’re wrong. Just pointing out how much of a guessing game this is because of poor communication.

Agreed - should have been updated. I’ll try to find the reference back in January - might have been in the Q&A