Discussion: Live dev Q&A January

Nevertheless, I wouldn’t bet on ALL parts will be worked on… only SOME parts which I hope will not just be “eye candy” in order to please a “gaming audience” first and foremost, for the only reason this is what “sells” and what makes a “simulator built around a market place” a viable offering in the XBox catalog for a 10 years life span.

Please don’t misinterpret me, I might poorly express myself too: I wish this simulator to be a simulator succeeding to both the simmers, and to the 3rd party developers (see, I’m one of them so of course I’d like this simulator to succeed!). But there is the Twitch PR about 3rd parties, and the reality behind, and this doesn’t equate to “working with a lot of them” as in “a wide variety of them for a wide variety of simmers oriented products”.

PS: I shall add there is no doubt Sebastian is passionate and very involved in the FS2020 development and success. It shows in every Q&A and I like it.

2 Likes

Well, he did say exactly that, but I’m sure he didn’t mean it to sound as bombastic as it came out. :blush:

1 Like

I think they should look into this. They don’t have to hire someone full time. Many pilots do contract work for a fixed daily rate. Consult with some for a week or two. But not just a local CFI. Get someone who is actively flying professionally. One who is use to flying jets, doing approaches to minimums in low weather, high altitude flying, icing, busy ATC arrivals, etc. One that goes to professional sim training every 6 months. These are things a developer can’t get with a basic private pilot’s course and a local CFI.

6 Likes

You may try to delete the files in this location (Backup first!)

• C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\FlightSimulator

Also you can to delete the content these of this folder, however this may result that you will need to re-setup things like configs, profiles ., etc, although I hope they are saved to the cloud with your xbox account (Backup first!) :

• C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

try it and let us know how it goes!

I appreciate your more detailed explanation. Thank you.

Deleting this trigger the whole sim to get reinstalled on next start. Already been down that road based on someone else’s suggestion and it didn’t help.

I have the Steam version, so I don’t have that folder at that location. I suspect that would be under my Steam library folder. I would suspect deleting that would also cause the whole sim to reinstall though. I already tried that as well - uninstalling, removing anything on any of my drives that had reference to MSFS and reinstalling. Also made no difference with my weather.

1 Like

This might help you:
My 2070 SUPER 4K settings and suggestions - episode 2 - Graphics Settings Backup/Restore

1 Like

I can find the one folder referenced in that post. That’s the one I already tried deleting once before (after backup, of course) that caused my sim to reinstall. That’s the “C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator”.

The only other folder I have (outside of my defined location for content) is in my Steam Library at “\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Packages” Again, deleting that would just cause the sim to reinstall again. Been there, done that. No cigar.

Yes it would, those are the core files.

I uninstalled MSFS completely and cleaned out those 2 folders completely. Reinstalled, and the issue was still there. The only thing I replaced in those folders with old content was my saved flight plans. And only after confirming that the reinstallation didn’t help.

1 Like

That is the trouble with settings being kept “in the cloud” and restored when you re-install.
They should have an option for a clean install.
It’s a real pain, and you probably already tried, but did you try restoring your default settings after the re-install?

1 Like

I did. Made no difference other than me having to set up all my key binds again.

I basically tried to sanitize my system of anything to do with MSFS, including registry entries. Reset defaults, etc. The only thing that all did was cause me to have to reset my key binds again.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, I thought this would help as I think it is very strange :thinking:

I appreciate the assistance. I’m really willing to try anything. But I feel like I’ve tried everything I could from my end.

Can you use a different user name, set up new xbox, msstore, etc and reinstall under new user ID.
I don’t even know if that’s possible, but - -

I don’t own the sim on another xbox/ms account. If I log in with another user name, I technically don’t own the sim at all and have to buy it again to try this out.

I also use Steam, so that adds another level of complexity to this.

1 Like

I would only work if you could change the user ID on them all.

How about the last option, re-installing windows?

That’s pretty much the only thing I haven’t done at this point. That’s due to all the software I use for my astrophotography post-processing with its 39488 plugins, etc, Adobe suite + its plugins, etc. It’s not something I really want to do when my system otherwise works perfectly. Without a joke, this is a 2-3 day (outside of my work time, of course) process for me.

That may not help if it is one of those settings kept “in the cloud”.
As long as its the same user name it would probably be restored

That’s my thinking. I don’t see it being a Windows issue. The sim worked fine. I uninstalled the sim and and completely sanitized my system of any traces of it including in the registry. After reinstallation, the problem was still there.