Discussion: March 18th, 2021 Development Update

No worries!
One thing to note is that he said the ability to turn it off will be delivered in Sim Update 4. Not sure about the visuals fix…that may be more complicated. Or maybe they’ll get it also in Sim Update 4. Not sure.

1 Like

What is this “10 for 1” issue?

FFS - Stop telling us in these Dev Updates how many Airports are now available in the Marketplace, it’s of no value whatsoever. Why couldn’t there be at least one sentence, even a few words, about the current performance issue and the thinking around whether to Hotfix or not and why the hesitancy. I thought there were Community Managers employed to help communication with the community - where are they and why don’t they communicate?

8 Likes

Dev updates are nothing more than marketing for the market place.

I haven’t read anything about issues and so on. Two sheets, which are without substance.
But we have tons of information about new market place items and lots of screen shots.

Dev updates are boring for me. Week for week the same weak way

5 Likes

It’s the bug that prevents you from scrolling to altitudes in any increments less than 1,000 ft at a time. It also affects the heading bug (moves in 10 degrees at a time instead of 1), etc. This makes it nearly impossible to fly IFR routes properly. Do not even attempt Vatsim or anything similar if you can’t dial in the proper heading/altitude.

It’s a bug that affects all users with devices that have ‘always-on’ switches.

It’s been a known issue since the the alpha/beta days. We have been asking for a fix for months, and have been promised it first in World Update 3, then the devs delayed it to Sim Update 3, then the devs delayed it to World Update 4, and now they delayed it again to “2021”. This is not an opinion, they have actually delayed it four times.

It’s extememly frustrating because the latest update made the problem even worse! Previously, you could work around the issue by using the mouse click for the 1 degree/100ft increments, but now they broke that and it’s impossible to move in small increments. The only work around has been to unbind nearly all switches from the Honeycomb Alpha yoke and Bravo throttle quadrant. With the $600 of hardware, the only functions that currently work in the sim are the Yoke and the Axis controls of the throttle quadrant. Everything else needs to be unbound for the sim to work properly.

Here’s the official bug thread:

4 Likes

I’m curious as to what you think the term witch hunt means

1 Like

Complainers are boring to me. Topic after topic after topic. Just nagging on about performance with no extra information. Not helpful at all. These reactions are just bashing contests lacking any valuable content. To be honest, I could do without them.

The difference is: you could easily choose to skip the update topic if you are not interested and stop blaring your frustrations here. Whereas for me: not so easy, because you complainers are everywhere, in nearly every topic you pop up and throw in your negativity. I hope that it helps you to feel better, because then it serves at least one purpose.

Have a great weekend!

i’m curious if you think it’s wrong for people who paid for a product, and now find that product unusable…those people just just go screw off then? They should be just ignored and have no right to complain?

Asobo and MS are in the business of selling a product to customers. I don’t see why customers don’t have every right to complain, and beyond that have an obligation to complain about spending hard earned money on a product that isn’t fulfilling expectations as specified upon release?

Why is software the one area where customer be damned? If you bought a car or a kitchen appliance with these issue would you just say “LG will get around to fixing it someday…”

6 Likes

Of course you may give your opinion. But why here? Why 1500 times across 100 topics? Why only complaints and no factual information? Why don’t you log a ticket on zendesk? You bought software, it doesn’t work as you expect, you go directly to the makers and explain what gear you run it on, what settings you use, what plugins you run. You know, have a conversation with them. Easy, no?
Why do you seem to think Asobo is a bunch of money hungry predators leaving the half eaten carcasses of their customers to rot in the desert? I don’t understand at all, seeing what they give away for free. Great C152-lessons, right now a guided flight across the Norwegian fjords. All run by the people of Microsobo. There never has been a software company trying to connect with their customers like Asobo does. The time and energy they put in creating and supporting this fabulous and mind boggling piece of software is tremendous. Maybe you could choose to work with them in stead of against them.

All the best.

I think people are venting here because they aren’t getting enough information from the developer. We’ve put in tickets, many people have reported the issue. I am sure Asobo sees a drop in either usage or performance base on previous statements that they monitor these things.

When something goes awry - it’s okay most customers will be forgiving as long as it appears that the company is providing every assurance that they are working on it - and providing regular and timely updates and advising on the steps they are taking to diagnose and correct the problem. In the US we have a saying “the customer is always right”. This is simply because people can vote with their dollars if they are not satisfied. People are frustrated with the lack of response and so that’s why they are venting here on the forums. It’s their only outlet to complain.

5 Likes

Really? Is it FMS specific or peripheral specific? I change the altitude and heading values on every flight.

I have both mapped to my Saitek/Logitech throttle quadrant switches…Switches T3/T4 control altitude up/down, respectively; and switches T5/T6 are for heading value increase/decrease, respectively. The longer you hold the switch in, the increments become 1,000s (alt) and 10s (heading), otherwise the increments are 100s (alt) and 1s (heading). I am usually flying aircraft with the Honeywell KAP unit or the Garmin 1000, 3000, and 5000 units.

Maybe, I am not understanding the issue. :wink:

Use the mute function then

I’m happy everything works for you and that you are satisfied with your purchase! No offence, but maybe you should spend more time in the sim than on the forum if it bothers you that people are complaining?

I think in general if people are happy they would be flying and not be on the forum so your observation makes sense. There are more posts about people complaining about certain aspects of the sim compared to people posting how awesome it is.

Most people don’t complain for fun, I’m sure people would rather start-up the sim and fly instead of complaining on a forum. In the end we all want the same don’t we? The most realistic and awesome looking sim possible on a home PC :+1:.

5 Likes

Hi again! I hear you, and I agree. Thanks for pointing out. The point I was trying to make was that only ventilating frustrations, and accusing Asobo of mismanagement and arrogance without any proof doesn’t help anybody.
Maybe people affected with the performance issues could chime in on this topic and give us some factual information

Or start a mirror topic for people with not so good FPS.

it’s called “trolling”. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Funny, I feel inclined to call this “inverted world”…
:wave::wink:

And as usual after every update, my game is broken. It gets stuck on loading screen. I can now reinstall it and hope to get it to work for some time, maybe till next update if I’m lucky. It boils down to the fact the I bought a game (expensive one) that is unplayable for me. Welcome to the consumer paradise 2021.

1 Like

Presumably you’ve logged this on Zendesk and supplied your Dxdiag etc? Since it keeps happening, even after reinstallation you’ve checked the installation guides to ensure you’re following the recommended procedure?

I’m not trying to make light of your difficulties but since many people don’t seem to have this issue it does seem to point to something about your system and/or how it’s been installed.

Yes, I did followed the instructions, to no avail. I wouldn’t say this is a rare problem, because there are many same cases to be found when googled. I admit I didn’t log any ticket myself though. I’ll reinstall the game once again (following your instructions) and come back.
I really like the game, so trust me, I have no interest in complaining, but this game have been unplayable for me for the last months (which is odd, because it worked well right after the release).
P.S. I hope that Bushtrips are finally fixed.

If you are using other system language, you may need to change the non unicode language to english